Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OT: "Big Brother" Game Show remakes..  (Read 3124 times)

MrGameShow

OT: "Big Brother" Game Show remakes..
« on: July 30, 2005, 10:20:45 AM »
Matching Munchies '05

Just incase there aren't any Big Brother fans out there, you may want to check out  the Saturday edition of CBS' "BIG BROTHER" where they mocked up one of our favorite game shows MATCH GAME '7x for a food competition.

As you'll see in the link above, they did a bang up job on the set (Kudos to CBS-E for some great work on the show thus far) and even went as far as to write up classic questions such as these:

The frustrated baker blamed his girlfriend when his _____ refused to rise.
Dumb Doris was so dumb she flew to France to get French ______.
The grocery clerk was so hands on, one customer complained that he tried to grab her _________.

It'll be interesting to see how they edit it together - the game took over 40 minutes to play, even with "staged retakes", and everyone was pre-placed - don't be fooled by the editing where they will make you think it was the contestant's choice. ;)

joshg

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 01:14:46 PM »
Kinda reminded me of the MG/HS set. Hard to believe I've missed 6 seasons of this show... and haven't cared at all.
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

remlap

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 06:08:33 AM »
I enjoyed this episode, its a shame it was spoiled by the live feeds which are usefull to some.

When the thinking cue came up of course it was trying its hardest to sound like the thinking cue from Match Game '77 I havent seen many episodes to comment but im sure the groan sounded familar.

DrJWJustice

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 07:25:25 PM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 05:08 AM\']I enjoyed this episode, its a shame it was spoiled by the live feeds which are usefull to some.

When the thinking cue came up of course it was trying its hardest to sound like the thinking cue from Match Game '77 I havent seen many episodes to comment but im sure the groan sounded familar.
[snapback]92854[/snapback]
[/quote]

Since Match Game aired on CBS all those years, you'd think they'd still have access to the tracks. Then again, I'm sure there are some ownership issues at work somewhere.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 09:14:30 PM »
Credit where credit is due: Chris Lemon and I talked about this earlier.

BB6 is an Endemol production, MG is Fremantle (there are still versions of the show in countries that aren't the US.)  So, better to go with 'generic game show music' in this case.

If they were going for kitschy 70s game show, the prop guys nailed it on the head.  And to their credit, the 'panel' figured out how to maximize their chances of winning each question, by having two people write one answer, and the other two another.
Travis L. Eberle