Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR celebrates game show week concept  (Read 9099 times)

saussage

TPIR celebrates game show week concept
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 08:21:33 PM »
[quote name=\'TalkingHeadsFan\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 04:20 PM\']First of all, where the HELL do you come up with a user name like "Saussage"? and no, my mind is not in the gutter.

Second, we musn't forget the name of the show is "The PRICE is Right". All PRICING games are related to the PRICING of merchandise. Since when does Money Cards or the Gambit bonus round integrate pricing any kind of item(s)?

Doug
[snapback]92810[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well, in regards as to Saussge as a username, it's a long story but I wound up having a username like that after the old BBS/IRC days since my original username was taken by someone else. As well, Saussage was never a really popular username in any way, shape or form (there's problably a valid reason for this) :).

Secondly, my ideas although great on paper may not look as good after a thurough examination so instead of making a fool of myself giving these ideas to Bob Barker in person, wonderful people like yourselves can make me look like a fool instead (which many of you although I do not know, I do respect your ideas and opinions). I do joke around as well if you can't tell from my username and signature.

As to fix the flaw of a pricing game like the money cards, it would've been better to not only find the flaw but to also have an idea to remedy it. Have Eubanks Money cards, and when the contestant wants to change cards, they can pick from cards 1 thru 3 but the contestant needs to earn it (as in plinko where they need to earn their chips). However how you earn your cards (as in turns in Pathfinder, or in chips as in Plinko), is completely up to your imagination.

For the Gambit/High Rollers bonus round.... Price grocery items to earn extra "insurance" rolls? Ideas?
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 04:37 PM\']We're celebrating! :)
[snapback]92811[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'll get some ideas later. Time to celebrate :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 08:26:03 PM by saussage »
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2005, 08:39:43 PM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 05:21 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 04:37 PM\']We're celebrating! :)
[/quote]
[snapback]92818[/snapback]
[/quote]
*sigh* Wow.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2005, 08:39:57 PM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 08:21 PM\']Well, in regards as to Saussge as a username, it's a long story but I wound up having a username like that after the old BBS/IRC days since my original username was taken by someone else. As well, Saussage was never a really popular username in any way, shape or form (there's problably a valid reason for this) :).

Secondly, my ideas although great on paper may not look as good after a thurough examination so instead of making a fool of myself giving these ideas to Bob Barker in person, wonderful people like yourselves can make me look like a fool instead (which many of you although I do not know, I do respect your ideas and opinions). I do joke around as well if you can't tell from my username and signature.

As to fix the flaw of a pricing game like the money cards, it would've been better to not only find the flaw but to also have an idea to remedy it. Have Eubanks Money cards, and when the contestant wants to change cards, they can pick from cards 1 thru 3 but the contestant needs to earn it (as in plinko where they need to earn their chips). However how you earn your cards (as in turns in Pathfinder, or in chips as in Plinko), is completely up to your imagination.

For the Gambit/High Rollers bonus round.... Price grocery items to earn extra "insurance" rolls? Ideas?
[/quote]
What?

Mr. Matté

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2005, 08:48:49 PM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 08:21 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 04:37 PM\']We're celebrating! :)
[/quote]
[/quote]
[Al Gore on The Simpsons] I will. [/AGoTS] NOT!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 09:27:08 PM by NewJersey137 »

saussage

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2005, 09:16:33 PM »
Well, if Gambit/High Rollers bonus round is not all that good (although I do like dice games on tpir), what game show themed pricing game could go well?
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

clemon79

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2005, 09:19:48 PM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 06:16 PM\']Well, if Gambit/High Rollers bonus round is not all that good (although I do like dice games on tpir), what game show themed pricing game could go well?
[/quote]
Wow. You SO don't get it.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2005, 09:25:37 PM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 06:16 PM\']Well, if Gambit/High Rollers bonus round is not all that good (although I do like dice games on tpir), what game show themed pricing game could go well?
[snapback]92824[/snapback]
[/quote]

None. Zero. Nada. The idea would never fly.

I'm sorry I couldn't be nicer about it, but you just don't understand.

Don Howard

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2005, 12:53:37 AM »
To this list, how about adding a celebration for Dotto?
Before the show, while the prospective contestants are being questioned, the interview could include the answers to the questions that Bob will ask. If we're going to scrap the pricing games, we may as well rig it, too, to please the sponsors. You know how badly Wilford Brimley wants Marie Winn to remain as champion.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2005, 02:04:43 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 09:53 PM\']You know how badly Wilford Brimley wants Marie Winn to remain as champion.
[snapback]92837[/snapback]
[/quote]

[font=\"Times\"]LINE[/font]
OF THE
DAY
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 02:04:58 AM by whoserman »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2005, 02:52:59 AM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 08:16 PM\']Well, if Gambit/High Rollers bonus round is not all that good (although I do like dice games on tpir), what game show themed pricing game could go well?
[/quote]
Russian Roulette.  As a special treat, you can be the first contestant!
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2005, 03:33:06 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 01:52 AM\'][quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 08:16 PM\']Well, if Gambit/High Rollers bonus round is not all that good (although I do like dice games on tpir), what game show themed pricing game could go well?
[/quote]
Russian Roulette.  As a special treat, you can be the first contestant!
[snapback]92840[/snapback]
[/quote]

Of course the TV version. Yeah, that's it...the TV version.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

DrJWJustice

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2005, 03:48:40 AM »
I can hear a rumbling sound, and the seismograph is moving hard.  Must be Mark Goodson spinning in his grave at the very idea of this mess.

clemon79

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2005, 03:57:33 AM »
[quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 12:48 AM\']I can hear a rumbling sound, and the seismograph is moving hard.  Must be Mark Goodson spinning in his grave at the very idea of this mess.
[/quote]
Actually, that was me. Musta been the....well, you know. :)

tvwxman

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2005, 04:10:40 AM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 08:16 PM\']Well, if Gambit/High Rollers bonus round is not all that good (although I do like dice games on tpir), what game show themed pricing game could go well?
[/quote]

Kid, how old are you? Seriously, cause an adult wouldn't spew this garbage this consistantly....

(To the rest of the panel : An adult wouldn't spew this garbage this consistantly, right?)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

dzinkin

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2005, 07:19:37 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 04:10 AM\'][quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 08:16 PM\']Well, if Gambit/High Rollers bonus round is not all that good (although I do like dice games on tpir), what game show themed pricing game could go well?
[/quote]
(To the rest of the panel : An adult wouldn't spew this garbage this consistantly, right?)
[snapback]92846[/snapback]
[/quote]
...mutters and puts away his "TPIR celebrates weather guys" idea... ;-)