Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiL Roll Call: Atlantic City  (Read 13827 times)

mystery7

TPiL Roll Call: Atlantic City
« on: August 02, 2005, 12:08:23 AM »
So when are you going to Atlantic City for The Price Is Live? I thought it'd be nice to have a dedicated thread for this, so you could get a better idea of who to meet (or avoid) when you're going; or maybe even get some people together to go as a group or two. Me? I'd love to, but my job and life in general are in flux right now, so I'll need to get back to you. What's your story?

Timsterino

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 06:47:00 AM »
[quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 12:08 AM\']So when are you going to Atlantic City for The Price Is Live? I thought it'd be nice to have a dedicated thread for this, so you could get a better idea of who to meet (or avoid) when you're going; or maybe even get some people together to go as a group or two. Me? I'd love to, but my job and life in general are in flux right now, so I'll need to get back to you. What's your story?
[snapback]92975[/snapback]
[/quote]

My wife and I will be there August 18th - 22nd. We are a definite for the following shows: August 18th 7pm and August 19th 7pm (meeting Goongas) and 10pm. We are not sure about August 21st yet, but it is very likely we will attend that day as well.

Tim :-)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 06:47:55 AM by Timsterino »

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 07:46:55 PM »
[quote name=\'cool245\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 06:17 PM\']If you are a contestant on The Price is Right live, can you be a contestant on The Price is Right television show?
[snapback]93061[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes.

Shredder

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 08:21:29 PM »
We where HOPING to go in August, but my sister just got out of surgery, so it looks like August is out.  Now we're trying to shoot for September.  Hopefully when Randy and Marc are still there...

zachhoran

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 09:25:59 PM »
[quote name=\'cool245\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 07:47 PM\']What games do they use? and Can you be on the live show more than once?
[snapback]93080[/snapback]
[/quote]

Last year they used Race Game, It's in the Bag($150-$300-$600-$1200-$2400 in the bags), Cliff Hangers, Hole in One or Two. I believe they've added Clock Game this year, maybe Mr. West or someone who has been there can confirm. Last year's rule was you couldn't be in the contestant pool more than four times, or that you couldn't be an onstage contestant more than once every 30 days. Whether those rules have been changed this year I am not sure, as I have not gone yet, but probably will when our newsgroup's own is starring :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 09:29:30 PM by zachhoran »

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 11:56:26 PM »
I'm going the day after my 21st BDay, August 21.  Hey, I just hope I get the chance to meet Marc and Randy...that'll be birthday present enough.

William_S.

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 01:35:15 AM »
I was thinking of seeing this too. But not sure when I might see it .
I'll just have to check with Ticketmaster and see what available.

cmjb13

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 06:28:23 AM »
We where HOPING to go in August, but my sister just got out of surgery, so it looks like August is out. Now we're trying to shoot for September. Hopefully when Randy and Marc are still there...
Marc starts Sunday 8/7 for 3 weeks. According to his website, Todd returns 8/28-9/9. Marc Walberg's site also confirms he'll be doing shows in September. Probably the rest of the run after Todd.

I am unsure of how many times you can see the show and be still eligible to be a contestant.
4 times and that's it. The 4 show limit also overflows into the Harrah's run starting in November. So it's 4 total for both runs, not 4 each.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 06:54:17 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

davewalls

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 09:34:11 AM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 08:29 PM\']
At registration you are asked to bid on two items from a past show..<snip>
[snapback]93087[/snapback]
[/quote]

This is a change over the first run of live shows..why did they move away
from the handheld remotes to play "The Price was Right"? I thought that was a lot of fun.

I'll be there Sunday, August 21st, BTW.
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

cmjb13

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 09:37:34 AM »
[quote name=\'davewalls\' date=\'Aug 3 2005, 09:34 AM\'][quote name=\'jmangin\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 08:29 PM\']
At registration you are asked to bid on two items from a past show..<snip>
[snapback]93087[/snapback]
[/quote]

This is a change over the first run of live shows..why did they move away
from the handheld remotes to play "The Price was Right"? I thought that was a lot of fun.

I'll be there Sunday, August 21st, BTW.
[snapback]93132[/snapback]
[/quote]
Word is, and maybe someone confirm, that the elderly weren't responding fast enough, although since this new way is also timed, I don't know how much difference that could be. Maybe it's to increase their chances since most items are priced from the 70's & 80's and they would know best?

I personally like the old way better.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 09:41:59 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 3 2005, 08:37 AM\']
Word is, and maybe someone confirm, that the elderly weren't responding fast enough, although since this new way is also timed, I don't know how much difference that could be. Maybe it's to increase their chances since most items are priced from the 70's & 80's and they would know best?

I personally like the old way better.
[snapback]93133[/snapback]
[/quote]

Assuming they're using clips from the actual show for their "Price was Right" qualifying game, it'd be an advantage to those from this group who have a lot of classic Price episodes in their collection, as some of the prices could be memorized.

tvwxman

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 10:23:27 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 3 2005, 08:41 AM\']
Assuming they're using clips from the actual show for their "Price was Right" qualifying game, it'd be an advantage to those from this group who have a lot of classic Price episodes in their collection, as some of the prices could be memorized.
[snapback]93135[/snapback]
[/quote]

Memorize prices from old episodes? That assumes, dear, that none of us have lives. Unlike you.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

tvrandywest

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 12:29:37 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 3 2005, 02:28 AM\']Marc starts Sunday 8/7 for 3 weeks. According to his website, Todd returns 8/28-9/9. Marc Walberg's site also confirms he'll be doing shows in September. Probably the rest of the run after Todd.
[snapback]93126[/snapback]
[/quote]
Or perhaps not. Watch for the possibility of a new host to be added to the TPiR-Live stable of thoroughbreds.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

jmangin

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 02:18:07 PM »
Ooh! Ooh!  Will it be Patrick Wayne?!?

sshuffield70

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 02:57:59 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' date=\'Aug 3 2005, 01:18 PM\']Ooh! Ooh!  Will it be Patrick Wayne?!?
[snapback]93160[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm surprised I didn't barf during SP.