Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Argh....Cablevision and GSN...  (Read 5067 times)

Shredder

Argh....Cablevision and GSN...
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2005, 02:01:57 PM »
Well, here's the latest update..

Got two bills from Cablevision today.  One for down south and up north.

I called up south, and asked about the 'GSN moving from 67 to 88 and may need a digital box' question.  The lady wasn't very interested in her job, so I'm not sure I understood her, but from what I gathered from the call, you WON'T need a digital cable box to receive GSN.

So if someone calls up and confirms that with a better rep, that's some good news for GSN  fans :).

I called up North to see if there where any last minute changes to the schedule that didn't make the bill printing on time, and the only one they had listed was the addition of WB  High  Def.  GSN isn't planned to be added anytime soon.  This lady was very polite and cortious, the complete opposite of the first lady I had on... So I guess those of us in the Oakland area are out of luck for at least another month..

Shredder

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 11:01:47 PM »
Surprise of Surprise, they actually added GSN to their lineup!  Bad news is, not only did they add it to their lineup here, but they moved it to digital cable, so unless you subscribe to IO, you're out of luck.  Same goes for most NJ areas it seems...sigh..

When is Verizon TV goign to get here so I can ditch cablevision?

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2005, 07:02:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jul 29 2005, 10:01 PM\']Surprise of Surprise, they actually added GSN to their lineup!  Bad news is, not only did they add it to their lineup here, but they moved it to digital cable, so unless you subscribe to IO, you're out of luck.  Same goes for most NJ areas it seems...sigh..

When is Verizon TV goign to get here so I can ditch cablevision?
[snapback]92666[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hey, Shredder, I wish I had seen this post before I left for Florida, because I just got back yesterday and stumbled upon GSN two hours ago on IO. Needless to say, Andrea and I are thrilled. For us, now that we have BOTH GSN and Nick GAS, all is right with the world (apart from the show selection on said channels, of course).

And trust me, don't be afraid to get IO, especially as part of the Triple Play package that Cablevision advertises. We have it now, Optimum's great, and we're happy that IO's finally worth it.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now