Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: fuzzy WOF memory  (Read 1948 times)

toetyper

fuzzy WOF memory
« on: April 09, 2008, 09:16:27 PM »
In a very early episode of nighttime wheel (pre 1986) i  seem to remember the bonus prize one night being a replica antique car. it was a white convertible that looked like it was from the 30s' and i think it was worth 80k+,. can anyone else recall this?

anyone?

anyone?'

bueller?

BrandonFG

fuzzy WOF memory
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 09:23:36 PM »
[quote name=\'toetyper\' post=\'183689\' date=\'Apr 9 2008, 09:16 PM\']
In a very early episode of nighttime wheel (pre 1986) i  seem to remember the bonus prize one night being a replica antique car. it was a white convertible that looked like it was from the 30s' and i think it was worth 80k+,. can anyone else recall this?

anyone?

anyone?'

bueller?
[/quote]
Don't remember the price, but I thought it was in the low 20K range. I def. remember seeing the car on a GSN rerun, in season one or so. I thought it was a cream color
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

bwood

fuzzy WOF memory
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 09:47:19 PM »
I have an episode on tape with a car like that. I just looked around for it in my girlfriend's apartment and I don't see it anywhere, it must be at my house with some of the rest of my stuff (I thought most of my stuff was here). I don't remember exactly how much it was, I think it may have said $17,000 but that sounds awfully high, if I remember correctly that thing was pretty small. I remember the description for it in the one I have on tape says "And....be the hit of your town in this.....". If nobody has any more info on it I will dig for that this weekend and get the info. I know exactly what tape it is.

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
fuzzy WOF memory
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 11:12:55 PM »
It wasn't an Excalibur, was it?

/only mentioning this because they made them in Milwaukee
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

ChuckNet

fuzzy WOF memory
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 11:49:59 PM »
I have an early ep from the first syndie season where a $60K+ classic car replica's offered...could this be the one you're thinking of?

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Kevin Prather

fuzzy WOF memory
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 12:13:10 AM »
The weirdest prize I remember seeing was a $72,000 PIANO. I think it was lucite.