Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Beat the Clock apparently now on seven days a week  (Read 8552 times)

Jimmy Owen

Beat the Clock apparently now on seven days a week
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2005, 03:20:01 PM »
On radio, yes, on TV, no.  He did have the good sense (or good luck) to have Bill Cullen as announcer on a number of his shows.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 03:21:43 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Don Howard

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2005, 10:26:57 PM »
Ever wonder how John Reed King would've hosted Lingo?

The Pyramids

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2005, 09:34:52 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 10 2005, 11:36 AM\']
In doing the geekish acitivity of reading from 50s New York Times microfilms in the college library 
[snapback]93792[/snapback]
[/quote]

I thought I was the only one who had ever done geekish things like that.

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2005, 10:08:12 AM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Aug 13 2005, 08:34 AM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 10 2005, 11:36 AM\']
In doing the geekish acitivity of reading from 50s New York Times microfilms in the college library 
[snapback]93792[/snapback]
[/quote]

I thought I was the only one who had ever done geekish things like that.
[snapback]94079[/snapback]
[/quote]

Naw, I still do...I like learning about what aired when, or what our market didn't have, esp. when daytime games were bigger. Sometimes, it even triggers my memory about a certain show airing at specific times.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2005, 01:55:17 PM »
Naw, I still do...I like learning about what aired when, or what our market didn't have, esp. when daytime games were bigger. Sometimes, it even triggers my memory about a certain show airing at specific times.

Same here...and before I started collecting old TVGuides I did this in our local library for game show listings of the '50s and '60s.  They had the New York Metro edition on microfilm.  

I also used to do this for Billboard magazine, and old Hot 100 charts - that's before all the old charts were published in a book in the mid-90s!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Queen of Nerdocrombesia

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2005, 03:00:54 PM »
I am also guilty (though I feel no guilt) of looking at microfilms, often for the sheer fun of it.  Reading old New York Times microfilms are informative and entertaining (like seeing small ads saying "The Music Man is coming!" in the paper in the weeks leading up to the show's NYC open).  NYC Metro editions of TV Guide were immensely helpful in researching an obscure game show-related program, and doing just a cursory glance at the listings makes me wince at how many of these shows are lost to history for any number of reasons.

Were Collyer's BTC fill-in hosts ever listed in the TV Guide listings?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 03:03:36 PM by Queen of Nerdocrombesia »
"These days, if a show doesn't make it in a couple of weeks, it goes out in the alley.  Faith has become too expensive."

--Garry Moore, 1979