Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Does Todd Newton ever take a break?  (Read 2867 times)

GS Warehouse

Does Todd Newton ever take a break?
« on: August 13, 2003, 11:11:14 PM »
According to Zap2it, Todd Newton has landed yet another hosting gig.  This one, called Performing As..., features ordinary people performing in the guise of their favorite stars.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2003, 11:11:38 PM by GS Warehouse »

tvrandywest

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 11:49:48 PM »
I'm glad Todd's getting some press with this show. They're shooting now for a premiere on FOX on August 26th. From what he tells me we'll see a less hyped \"game show\" Todd than we see on Whammy! While he does a splendid job there, Todd's got so much more wit and warmth in relating to participants than we see on Whammy!

If you're a Neilsen family, start warming up the TV now  ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com

Brig Bother

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 08:09:03 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 04:11 AM\'] According to Zap2it, Todd Newton has landed yet another hosting gig.  This one, called Performing As..., features ordinary people performing in the guise of their favorite stars. [/quote]
 Hmm, that sounds a bit like our Stars In Their Eyes which has been running for the last fifteen years on Saturday nights.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 10:02:57 AM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 07:09 AM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 04:11 AM\']
Hmm, that sounds a bit like our Stars In Their Eyes which has been running for the last fifteen years on Saturday nights. [/quote]
 Zap2It confirms they are one and the same, probably from the same production team and all that.

So basically, it's Puttin' Pn the Hits with singing instead of lip-synching.

Nice for Todd to land this. A network gig can only lead to big things down the road, unless you're Lisa Dergan. :)
@lambertman

Timsterino

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 11:34:22 AM »
I am also glad that Todd landed this gig. It could not of happened to a nicer guy. I hope the show does well. Makes you wonder if someone at FOX watches GSN. Mark then Todd.... I know, I know.... Mark was at FOX before GSN...

Tim :-)