Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another multi-show contestant  (Read 5039 times)

Sonic Whammy

Another multi-show contestant
« on: August 18, 2005, 11:17:49 AM »
I have to dig his full name out, but I recognized today's new challenger on Blockbusters. Chris was the champ on the final 10:30AM episode of Press Your Luck on 1/3/86.

The episode is on the circuit, of course, and in it Chris was one of the few (if not the only) contestant to attempt Larson-esque strategies. He had a few of the 32 patterns, but not all of them, otherwise he would have won again. Regardless, he's still a good player all around.

Suddenly, I've got the urge to ask how many of the 32 you guys have down, but that's for another thread.

(PS: Ooo... post #99 for me... Gonna reach a milestone soon...)
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

Ian Wallis

Another multi-show contestant
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 01:12:37 PM »
Suddenly, I've got the urge to ask how many of the 32 you guys have down, but that's for another thread.

I'll continue with this one :)  
I actually had several of the 32 patterns down...in most of them I knew when the big bucks square would be hit, but sometimes not until two or three squares before.  There was always one sequence where it would stop on the big bucks square for an extra second before bouncing off.  This occured when the end of one pattern and the beginning of the next were the same square.  Have you guys noticed it?  I've seen several contestants take advantage of that.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!