Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Name's the Same  (Read 4381 times)

Mike Tennant

The Name's the Same
« on: August 14, 2003, 10:39:00 AM »
My wife and I were attending a newborn care class (yes, we have one on the way--should be here any day now) the other day, and as I signed in I noticed that the woman who had signed in before I did was named Lisa Donovan.

That brings us to our question:  Who here knows, or has met, someone who has the same name as a game show personality?

aaron sica

The Name's the Same
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 11:08:16 AM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 09:39 AM\'] My wife and I were attending a newborn care class (yes, we have one on the way--should be here any day now) the other day, and as I signed in I noticed that the woman who had signed in before I did was named Lisa Donovan.

That brings us to our question:  Who here knows, or has met, someone who has the same name as a game show personality? [/quote]
 When you say \"personality\" I'm assuming you mean host, or maybe a celebrity on the show? Because I'm gonna go the second route..:)

Not so much known for being on game shows now, but I was friends with a David Letterman who helped me with some computer issues once..

Mike Tennant

The Name's the Same
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 11:13:46 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 10:08 AM\']When you say \"personality\" I'm assuming you mean host, or maybe a celebrity on the show? Because I'm gonna go the second route..:)[/quote]
Sure. . .make the category as broad as you like.  Let's call it \"People Associated With Game Shows.\"  Give only a list, no prepositional phrases, etc.  We'll enforce the rules about as strictly as they do on Donny's Pyramid, or at least as strictly as they did during the early part of the season.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Name's the Same
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 11:32:51 AM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 08:13 AM\'] We'll enforce the rules about as strictly as they do on Donny's Pyramid, or at least as strictly as they did during the early part of the season. [/quote]
 Wow. Then I can mention that my algebra teacher my freshman year of high school SOUNDED just like Art Fleming and STILL not get buzzed. :P
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Adam Nedeff

The Name's the Same
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 03:25:36 PM »
I never met him face-to-face, but when I worked at Hell's Kitchen (aka Wendy's) last summer, I stumbled upon a list of other burger flippers and their phone numbers just in case we couldn't make our shift. One of the names was Bill Cullen. Thought that was pretty cool.

Jimmy Owen

The Name's the Same
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2003, 04:10:01 PM »
Adam, that was the real Bill Cullen. Bill was so cool that he would have come in to work at Wendy's if asked.  Like Michael Davies, your shift supervisor was unaware Bill had passed away.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Kevin Prather

The Name's the Same
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2003, 06:57:18 PM »
i once knew a Robert Barker. Does that count?

MCArroyo1

The Name's the Same
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2003, 08:47:00 AM »
A neighbor of mine is named Bill Anderson.  But I'm sure there are plenty of Bill Andersons out there.

Kevin Prather

The Name's the Same
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2003, 01:28:19 PM »
this is a stretch.

i went to school with a girl named Kim Fields. THE Kim Fields played Tootie on the Facts of Life. She also was on a celeb edition of Millionaire.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Name's the Same
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2003, 02:54:16 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Aug 15 2003, 10:28 AM\'] this is a stretch.
 [/quote]
 You're right.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
The Name's the Same
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2003, 04:16:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 09:39 AM\'] My wife and I were attending a newborn care class (yes, we have one on the way--should be here any day now) the other day, and as I signed in I noticed that the woman who had signed in before I did was named Lisa Donovan.

That brings us to our question:  Who here knows, or has met, someone who has the same name as a game show personality? [/quote]
 There's a lady that works at the same grocery store as I named Carol Merrill....
--Mark
Phil 4:13

ChuckNet

The Name's the Same
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2003, 05:19:43 PM »
Who here knows, or has met, someone who has the same name as a game show personality?

In HS, I had classmates named Tom Kennedy and Richard Hayes.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

ChuckNet

The Name's the Same
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2003, 05:21:09 PM »
A neighbor of mine is named Bill Anderson. But I'm sure there are plenty of Bill Andersons out there.

Yep...I had one as my college history professor. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

Kevin Prather

The Name's the Same
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2003, 10:12:47 PM »
I just thumbed through my yearbook. I went to school with a guy named Nathan Cook.

mmb5

The Name's the Same
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2003, 10:17:00 PM »
Uh, me.

--Michael Burger
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.