Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CS Rafferty Question. What's that on the podium?  (Read 5846 times)

cmjb13

CS Rafferty Question. What's that on the podium?
« on: August 24, 2005, 08:52:32 PM »
There seems to be some sort of black plastic bar in front of both contestants in shows airing this week.

Anyone know what they are for?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 08:56:15 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 07:52 PM\']There seems to be some sort of black plastic bar in front of both contestants in shows airing this week.

Anyone know what they are for?
[snapback]95013[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think they used that briefly on the Eubanks run. IIRC that was seen for a couple of weeks when the players wrote down their guesses for Educated Guess questions. Of course, no one wrote their EG guesses down on this week's shows(the first week to have possible EG responses of 100 or higher)

digiblader

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 08:57:53 PM »
Those bars may have been left over from the week in the daytime version where the Educated Guess questions had answers exceeding 100, and a Chyron display wasn't ready yet, so the contestant's answer had to be written down on the cards.

They were gone quickly, though, once it was replaced with a Chyron graphic display.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 08:59:35 PM by digiblader »

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 09:11:55 PM »
[quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 07:57 PM\']Those bars may have been left over from the week in the daytime version where the Educated Guess questions had answers exceeding 100, and a Chyron display wasn't ready yet, so the contestant's answer had to be written down on the cards.

[snapback]95016[/snapback]
[/quote]

There was an episode or two of Eubanks CS in early 1987 where the prize card holders from Rafferty CS were still on the maingame board.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 09:13:22 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 08:11 PM\']There was an episode or two of Eubanks CS in early 1987 where the prize card holders from Rafferty CS were still on the maingame board.
[/quote]
Which has nothing to do with the original post.  Again.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Card Shark

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 09:17:29 PM »
While I was watching today, I was wondering how they revealed the answers for Educated Guess answers when the contestants had to write them down. Did Bob/Bill have the answer written on the card?
Adam Strom

WhammyPower

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 09:22:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 08:17 PM\']While I was watching today, I was wondering how they revealed the answers for Educated Guess answers when the contestants had to write them down. Did Bob/Bill have the answer written on the card?
[snapback]95021[/snapback]
[/quote]
My guess is that somebody probably held up a cue card with the answer on it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 09:24:26 PM by WhammyPower »