Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy! DVD to be released Nov 8th  (Read 8587 times)

GS Warehouse

Jeopardy! DVD to be released Nov 8th
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2005, 01:19:18 AM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Oct 23 2005, 11:46 PM\']I did cross-check ...
[snapback]100248[/snapback]
[/quote]
[whistle] Two minutes in the penalty box!

Steve McClellan

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2005, 01:30:18 AM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Oct 23 2005, 09:46 PM\']Caught red-handed :([/quote]
Oh, no sweat. Just be aware that I was completely guessing as to the spelling myself, so I have no idea whether it's accurate.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2005, 03:01:14 AM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Oct 24 2005, 12:11 AM\']And for those who would seek to throw a fit at such things: The fee plugs at the end of show were cut out - though in 4 of 5 episodes' cases, that simply amounts to removing miniature commercials.
[snapback]100242[/snapback]
[/quote]

But those fee plugs are part of the basic food groups!  What will we do without them?  Looks like it's back to whole wheat bread for me...
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

remlap

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2005, 08:28:06 AM »
Hey im intrested in buying a copy of this but im confussed by RCE R1 encoding and wondering if Sony has stuck it on this disk

Here

Thats where im getting it anyway.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2005, 08:56:50 AM »
What Sony could have done is sold new fee plugs and inserted them in seamlessly for a profit.  The fee plug fans would be happy and Sony would have made a little more money.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2005, 10:36:41 AM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Oct 24 2005, 05:28 AM\']Hey im intrested in buying a copy of this but im confussed by RCE R1 encoding and wondering if Sony has stuck it on this disk
[snapback]100254[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah, you can pretty much bank on it being a Region 1 DVD, since it's being released by a major publisher in North America. If you have a DVD player that is region-free (or can be hacked to be so, which is more likely to be the case, if at all), you're good. If you plan to watch it through the DVD-ROM drive in your computer, there are ways to make that ignore the region settings as well.

But the UK is Region 2, and so most DVD players sold there will only watch Region 2 DVD's. You'd have to hack it (through a simple remote code or firmware change) to make it be able to watch Region 1, in all likelyhood.

If you'd like to share the brand and model of your DVD player, I could check what I know and see if it's easily hackable. We have other people here who know how to find such things too.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 11:44:07 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

remlap

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2005, 12:28:31 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 24 2005, 03:36 PM\'][quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Oct 24 2005, 05:28 AM\']Hey im intrested in buying a copy of this but im confussed by RCE R1 encoding and wondering if Sony has stuck it on this disk
[snapback]100254[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah, you can pretty much bank on it being a Region 1 DVD, since it's being released by a major publisher in North America. If you have a DVD player that is region-free (or can be hacked to be so, which is more likely to be the case, if at all), you're good. If you plan to watch it through the DVD-ROM drive in your computer, there are ways to make that ignore the region settings as well.

But the UK is Region 2, and so most DVD players sold there will only watch Region 2 DVD's. You'd have to hack it (through a simple remote code or firmware change) to make it be able to watch Region 1, in all likelyhood.

If you'd like to share the brand and model of your DVD player, I could check what I know and see if it's easily hackable. We have other people here who know how to find such things too.
[snapback]100258[/snapback]
[/quote]

Most DVD players sold here now are hackable or have no region encoded at all, thats the good thing about living here a cheap dvd player can be picked up for the cost of 2 DVD movies, I picked up a DIVX and XVID player which was also regionless for £25 thats like 2 DVD's for a very feature rich dvd player.

Im more worried about RCE which ive never come across before in buying loads and loads of Region 1 and NTSC encoded DVD's

Ill just have to see or get a copy of DVD region free for my computer if they dont work on my 8 DVD players I have around the house.

clemon79

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2005, 01:16:37 PM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Oct 24 2005, 09:28 AM\']Im more worried about RCE which ive never come across before in buying loads and loads of Region 1 and NTSC encoded DVD's
[snapback]100261[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ok, okay, I see what yer saying now, I thought you were unclear on how region coding worked. I did not know about this RCE nonsense.

I did find this site:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/rce.html

that has a list of players which is not subject to RCE restrictions.

remlap

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2005, 01:47:33 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 24 2005, 06:16 PM\'][quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Oct 24 2005, 09:28 AM\']Im more worried about RCE which ive never come across before in buying loads and loads of Region 1 and NTSC encoded DVD's
[snapback]100261[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ok, okay, I see what yer saying now, I thought you were unclear on how region coding worked. I did not know about this RCE nonsense.

I did find this site:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/rce.html

that has a list of players which is not subject to RCE restrictions.
[snapback]100262[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks it be nice to know if the DVD hasnt got the RCE restrictions first im still getting it when its released.

clemon79

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2005, 02:24:43 PM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Oct 24 2005, 10:47 AM\']Thanks it be nice to know if the DVD hasnt got the RCE restrictions first im still getting it when its released.
[snapback]100267[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well, at worst, you should be able to watch it on a PC. I doubt seriously that anyone from Colombia will mention officially if it's RCE'd or not simply because the only people for which that information would be useful are those trying to get around the region coding in the first place, and why help them, right? :)

remlap

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2005, 03:16:55 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 24 2005, 07:24 PM\'][quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Oct 24 2005, 10:47 AM\']Thanks it be nice to know if the DVD hasnt got the RCE restrictions first im still getting it when its released.
[snapback]100267[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well, at worst, you should be able to watch it on a PC. I doubt seriously that anyone from Colombia will mention officially if it's RCE'd or not simply because the only people for which that information would be useful are those trying to get around the region coding in the first place, and why help them, right? :)
[snapback]100269[/snapback]
[/quote]

Indeed im glad the new formats Blu Ray and HD-DVD even if theres a format war atleast they decided on no region encoding at all.

I was hoping for the person who reviewed it who mentioned in a earlier post it might of been mentioned on the back of the DVD case or something.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2005, 05:10:46 PM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Oct 24 2005, 02:16 PM\']I was hoping for the person who reviewed it who mentioned in a earlier post it might of been mentioned on the back of the DVD case or something.
[/quote]

Admittedly, I didn't think to check for RCE, based on the admittedly slightly arrogant presumption that most people reading the review are in Region 1 anyway, hence RCE being a moot point.   Unfortunately, I don't have the DVD with me, nor will I have it with me again until after the release, so....

remlap

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2005, 10:18:27 AM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Oct 24 2005, 10:10 PM\'][quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Oct 24 2005, 02:16 PM\']I was hoping for the person who reviewed it who mentioned in a earlier post it might of been mentioned on the back of the DVD case or something.
[/quote]

Admittedly, I didn't think to check for RCE, based on the admittedly slightly arrogant presumption that most people reading the review are in Region 1 anyway, hence RCE being a moot point.   Unfortunately, I don't have the DVD with me, nor will I have it with me again until after the release, so....
[snapback]100275[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry I must of come across a little arrogant to deserve such a reply, all I meant was you could look for me now, but seeing as you dont have the disk anymore which I did not know you had to return it.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2005, 07:33:29 PM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Oct 25 2005, 09:18 AM\']
Sorry I must of come across a little arrogant to deserve such a reply,
[snapback]100350[/snapback]
[/quote]
Not at all - and sorry if I seemed a bit cross.  Yesterday was just a rather bad day.    

ll I meant was you could look for me now, but seeing as you dont have the disk anymore which I did not know you had to return it.

I wish it were conveinient to retrieve the disc at this point - since you've asked about RCE, I've actually become curious if it DOES have it.    Ah well, sorry.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 01:33:33 PM by Seth Thrasher »

clemon79

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2005, 07:43:29 PM »
Assuming it's a Colombia/Tristar release, it seems safe to assume it will, I would think...once their mastering people have the technology, I can't see it being any extra work to just put it on everything they put out, and I can't see the cost to the company being any greater as a result. Why WOULDN'T they?