Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PYL "SPINS" font  (Read 3290 times)

Sonic Whammy

PYL "SPINS" font
« on: August 26, 2005, 07:51:40 PM »
Just happened to see the "SPINS" font used on classic Press Your Luck again on a random run of the dial recently, and I want to once and for all get that font for myself. If you got it, let me know or where I can get it.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
PYL "SPINS" font
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 08:25:04 PM »
It's a form of the Eurostile font.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

mystery7

PYL "SPINS" font
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 11:01:14 PM »
See also "Microgramma," the font Eurostile was based on. Easily available legally from myfonts.com, Adobe or anywhere else you buy fonts.

Sonic Whammy

PYL "SPINS" font
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 11:39:04 AM »
[quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'Aug 26 2005, 10:01 PM\']See also "Microgramma," the font Eurostile was based on. Easily available legally from myfonts.com, Adobe or anywhere else you buy fonts.
[snapback]95200[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well, I have the Eurostile font. Heck, it's the main font on my website now. But I can see that it's... not... quite right. So we know it's not that exactly.

Microgramma, eh? I'll look it up, but if you got it already, any chance of saving me a couple bucks? :-D

And oh yeah, I figured out where I saw the font used. The Amazing Race uses it! Don't know how that slipped past me.

(EDIT: Never mind, I just found a free copy of it. YAY! Thanks a lot for the help.)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 12:07:38 PM by Sonic Whammy »
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now