Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This year's GSC...  (Read 12278 times)

zachhoran

This year's GSC...
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2005, 07:14:38 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 03:24 PM\'][quote name=\'Tim L\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 01:02 PM\']While we might not always agree with "Perfesser" Steve and the way he ran his site, etc. You have to give him kudos for the effort over nearly 10 years..
[/quote]
No, I really don't. Bad reporting and attention whoring take minimal effort.
[snapback]94970[/snapback]
[/quote]

Maybe this would be the time for a group of Invisioners to do a website like the Perf's was/is, but with less questionable journalistic techniques. Such a website was tried in April 2002, but that was short lived(lasted barely a month).

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
This year's GSC...
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2005, 07:14:41 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 01:22 PM\']Anyone else catch the Professor's announcement that he's throwing in the towel on tvgameshows.net, which he made during his State of the Games speech?
[/quote]
I doubt people did.  They probably had more important things to do--like napping.
You have to give him kudos for the effort over nearly 10 years
If I was a professor at the college, and graded on "effort", he'd get a D.  Those links have been broken for how long now?
Maybe this would be the time for a group of Invisioners to do a website like the Perf's was/is
There are two.  One is Buzzer!, which is run by Alex Davis, and the other is Game Show News Net, run I believe, by Gordon Pepper and a contingent of others.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 07:15:38 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TimK2003

This year's GSC...
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 10:02:53 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 01:55 PM\']
the Professor's announcement that he's throwing in the towel on tvgameshows.net
That'll send the Dow plummeting at least 100 points.
[snapback]94963[/snapback]
[/quote]

Damn!  I was hoping the PERfesser's departure would've sent the gas pumps plummeting 100 Pennies!

[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 03:30 PM\']To me, the "highlight"of his page's life was when he jumped on the April Fool's Day story of Dick Clark being tapped to host syndie WWTBAM...
[snapback]94971[/snapback]
[/quote]

I kinda liked when The Perfesser took the bait on the April Fool's story of the big 30-city audience auditions for TPiRs 30th anniversary celebration a few years back.   That story has a personal place in my devious mind. :-P
So what was his reason(s) for sticking a fork in tvg.net?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 10:07:51 PM by TimK2003 »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
This year's GSC...
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2005, 10:16:59 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 09:02 PM\']So what was his reason(s) for sticking a fork in tvg.net?
[snapback]95028[/snapback]
[/quote]
He does mention on his site (and did mention in his speech) that he was "exhausted."

I now leave the jokes to people far more capable than I to deliver (just because I stood center stage at Studio 1 in Burbank while taking the NBC tour doesn't qualify me to play Johnny, Jay or Dave for a day).  :)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

MikeK

• Martha!
This year's GSC...
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2005, 12:01:05 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 22 2005, 01:32 AM\']Pictures...I need pictures. :-P[/quote]
Since you asked...

http://www.classicgameshows.com/gsc4/gsc4.html

I'll post more later this week.  The last 3 pictures are myself with Guillermo Huesca (host of Trato Hecho), Jack Narz, and Tom Kennedy.

And here's the Pyramid image Steve McClellan wants everybody to see. *grumble grumble*
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 12:05:15 AM by hmtriplecrown »

Steve McClellan

This year's GSC...
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2005, 02:34:28 AM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 09:01 PM\']And here's the Pyramid image Steve McClellan wants everybody to see. *grumble grumble*[/quote]
For any interested parties, the $50 category was reasonably gettable, though I don't recall exactly what it was. The $150 category was "Sounds Exactly Like 'Four'" ;)

mmb5

This year's GSC...
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2005, 12:42:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve McClellan\' date=\'Aug 25 2005, 01:34 AM\'][quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 09:01 PM\']And here's the Pyramid image Steve McClellan wants everybody to see. *grumble grumble*[/quote]
For any interested parties, the $50 category was reasonably gettable, though I don't recall exactly what it was. The $150 category was "Sounds Exactly Like 'Four'" ;)
[snapback]95053[/snapback]
[/quote]
"Things on a checkerboard."  The chance is higher than usual that the giver would immediately say "checkers", but they didn't.

Now I have to come up with a new fake board.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
This year's GSC...
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2005, 01:28:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve McClellan\' date=\'Aug 25 2005, 01:34 AM\'][quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 09:01 PM\']And here's the Pyramid image Steve McClellan wants everybody to see. *grumble grumble*[/quote]
[snapback]95053[/snapback]
[/quote]
"7 Digit Prime Numbers" was pretty funny, but not completely unsolveable under the right circumstances.

1,000,003 is a prime.

1,000,033 is a prime.

I got a kick out of the whole thing anyway.  :)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
This year's GSC...
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2005, 01:28:55 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' date=\'Aug 25 2005, 09:42 AM\']"Things on a checkerboard."  The chance is higher than usual that the giver would immediately say "checkers", but they didn't.
[/quote]
A little higher, but I would think most decent players would catch themseleves before they did it and hold their tongue, especially when you could say "The jumping pieces. The red squares. The black squares. The kings."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TimK2003

This year's GSC...
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2005, 05:19:55 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Aug 24 2005, 09:16 PM\']He does mention on his site (and did mention in his speech) that he was "exhausted."
[snapback]95029[/snapback]
[/quote]

Spending hours upon hours looking through various search engines insisting on finding last names of contestants will do that to you.

For those who are familiar with the Cleveland Plain Dealer, perhaps sports 'gossip columnist' Roger Brown could be the successor to the Perfesser's web site!

Don Howard

This year's GSC...
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2005, 09:03:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Aug 23 2005, 02:05 AM\']I might be forgetting one, but they were Norm Blumenthal, Ron Greenberg, Bob Boden, Jeff Mirken, Charlie O'Donnell, Laura Chambers, Todd Newton, Guillermo Huesca (host of Trato Hecho, a Spanish-language version of Let's Make A Deal) and some guy who's developing a Dating-Game-like internet project who was supposed to be representing the future.  To me, he represented the old Sesame Street concept of "one of these things is not like the other".
[snapback]94858[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ah, yes. Bo something or other. All the while, I was thinking there was a reason why there wasn't room enough for him at the table. Special thanks, by the way, to Jason H. for providing transportation to Television City and to the airport.
Joe was an awesome host of $otC, where I got smoked by Jeff Suchard and Ryan Vickers. Julie and Mattie Suchard went on to humiliate me during Press Your Luck. Hopefully, I didn't mispronounce anyone's name while announcing during The Price Is Right. Thanks also to Doug for accepting lunch instead of dinner. And Mike K., great to meet you, too.
There's a picture floating around of me appearing to genuflect before the omnipresence of Charlie O'Donnell.
Of all the people in the room, am I the only one who went over to talk to John Harlan?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 09:04:06 PM by Don Howard »