Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lycos 50 still thinks  (Read 3856 times)

brianhenke

Lycos 50 still thinks
« on: August 31, 2005, 12:26:05 AM »
Today's Lycos 50 (Link here) implies that Summer Sanders is still hosting Figure It Out on Nickeldeon. The writer calls it a "hit game show."

How long has it been since Nick had FIO on its schedule? I know it's been on Nick GAS, but not on Nick (at least) ever since they became essentially an all-toon network.

Brian

Will Smith played Hutch?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 12:26:59 AM by brianhenke »
The leaves start to change color in May?

Kevin Prather

Lycos 50 still thinks
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 12:55:20 AM »
If I may quote said excerpt...

People throughout the country also know her as the hip and funny host of Nickelodeon's hit game show for kids, Figure it Out.

FIO was a hit game show for kids, and people still know Sanders for that. Therefore, the statement is true, no?

BrandonFG

Lycos 50 still thinks
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 01:14:07 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Aug 30 2005, 11:55 PM\']If I may quote said excerpt...

People throughout the country also know her as the hip and funny host of Nickelodeon's hit game show for kids, Figure it Out.

FIO was a hit game show for kids, and people still know Sanders for that. Therefore, the statement is true, no?
[snapback]95496[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't believe it, but I'm actually siding with Henke.

The statement is true, but it's also misleading by making it seem like Summer still hosts the show, and makes it sound like the show is still doing new episodes. Just use a different verb tense, and it would be cool.

Now off to bathe in a tub of bleach...the Michael Jackson look! :-P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 01:14:30 AM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Lycos 50 still thinks
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 03:21:07 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 30 2005, 10:14 PM\']
Just use a different verb tense, and it would be cool.
[/quote]
I don't agree. If you change the verb tense, you're implying that the people ONCE knew her for that, but for some reason have forgotten.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Robair

Lycos 50 still thinks
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 11:31:31 PM »
And nowhere in the excerpt does it say that FIO is still in production and/or still on the air on mainstream Nick. Just that people know her from the fine job she did hosting and the kick-ass tee shirts she wore showin' off that rack.

All it means it that Dean needs to get out more rather than use the computer all day.

"Lay-dee! Searches for Katrina and the Waves are up 300%! Hoiman!"
--Robair

sshuffield70

Lycos 50 still thinks
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 11:40:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 10:31 PM\']"Lay-dee! Searches for Katrina and the Waves are up 300%! Hoiman!"
[snapback]95594[/snapback]
[/quote]

But no one's walking on sunshine.

Actually, all the Katrina and the Waves jokes ended when Katrina hit NOLA.

uncamark

Lycos 50 still thinks
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 04:18:20 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 10:40 PM\'][quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 10:31 PM\']"Lay-dee! Searches for Katrina and the Waves are up 300%! Hoiman!"
[/quote]

But no one's walking on sunshine.

Actually, all the Katrina and the Waves jokes ended when Katrina hit NOLA.
[snapback]95597[/snapback]
[/quote]

Meanwhile, Katrina Leskanich will release her first solo album in Europe this month after some years away from the music business thanks to litigation with her former Waves bandmates (during which time she became a radio DJ and TV "presenter," but not a game show host, AFAIK).

ObGameShow:  She will be on the new season of "Never Mind the Buzzcocks" as a panelist on one show.

ObNotGameShow:  And thank God she never went on the British or U.S. version of "Hit Me Baby One More Time."

johnnya2k3

Lycos 50 still thinks
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2005, 06:30:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 07:31 PM\']And nowhere in the excerpt does it say that FIO is still in production and/or still on the air on mainstream Nick. Just that people know her from the fine job she did hosting and the kick-ass tee shirts she wore showin' off that rack.
[/quote]
Figure It Out is still seen in reruns on the Nick GAS channel (which I finally checked out while in North Carolina).

As for the "kick-ass tee shirts she wore showin' off that rack"? Sure, she didn't show much on FIO; besides, she was doing a game show on a kids channel! At least she still shows off that rack on "The Sports List" on Fox Sports Net.

(By the way...Sanders married skier Erik Schlopy recently. Sorry, Robair!)

Jonathan Allen