Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tom Bergeron sighting  (Read 6564 times)

BrandonFG

Tom Bergeron sighting
« on: September 05, 2005, 03:46:42 AM »
As I type this, Tom Bergeron is one of the co-hosts of Jerry Lewis' MDA telethon. Didn't get to see too much of him in action, but it's cool to see him on TV.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

FOXSportsFan

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 12:18:17 PM »
To paraphrase what was once said of the late Howard Cosell: Bergo's like sh*t, he's everywhere.  And, I mean that in the nicest possible connotation, by the way.  And, he was great behind the podium in the early morning working with Bob Zany.

LetsGoMets2003

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 03:51:41 PM »
Being a longtime local volunteer for MDA and a game show fan as well, I was thrilled to see Tom join "the family". (I would have alerted the group prior to the telethon, but didn't think the situation warranted a post.)

I caught him near the end of his shift on Monday. There was a check presentation from the National Child Care Association for thier "Hop-A-Thons" for preschoolers, and Tom said, "I might as well hop over to get this!", which he did. You really need the visual to appreciate the full effect.

Anyway, Tom was terrific, and Jerry didn't look so bad himself! :) Too bad Merv sold The Beverly Hilton, it would have been nice to see him there. Only 364 more days to go until Telethon 2006! (Give or take...)  

James

uncamark

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 04:07:23 PM »
I've also heard that Tom could be back on the daily air in September 2006--but not with a game show.  Talk is that he'll be doing a talk show with Lauren Sanchez, the LA news "anchor" and host of "So You Think You Can Dance"--that's right, the hosts of the two dance contest shows working together!

If Tom can get a certain puppet sidekick and a certain announcer who hides behind a copy of USA Today for the show, so much the better.  :)

FOXSportsFan

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 07:50:38 PM »
I heard Amy Yasbeck's name thrown around in lieu of Lauren Sanchez, but hey Tom's a pimp and he'll carry anyone.

uncamark

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 03:49:56 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Sep 7 2005, 06:50 PM\']I heard Amy Yasbeck's name thrown around in lieu of Lauren Sanchez, but hey Tom's a pimp and he'll carry anyone.
[snapback]96090[/snapback]
[/quote]

You're right--Sanchez is up for another show, IIRC.

FOXSportsFan

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 12:10:38 AM »
Isn't she still one of the co-anchors for KCOP's "flashy" newscast?  And, more importantly if a newscast is watched by no one at 11:00, is it really flashy?

joshg

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 06:36:18 AM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Sep 8 2005, 08:10 PM\']Isn't she still one of the co-anchors for KCOP's "flashy" newscast?  And, more importantly if a newscast is watched by no one at 11:00, is it really flashy?
[snapback]96201[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, judging by the low-cut tops she wears. KCOP has "sexed up" their newscast because they ain't gonna win the 11PM news race in L.A.
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

uncamark

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 12:31:52 PM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Sep 9 2005, 05:36 AM\'][quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Sep 8 2005, 08:10 PM\']Isn't she still one of the co-anchors for KCOP's "flashy" newscast?  And, more importantly if a newscast is watched by no one at 11:00, is it really flashy?
[snapback]96201[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, judging by the low-cut tops she wears. KCOP has "sexed up" their newscast because they ain't gonna win the 11PM news race in L.A.
[snapback]96229[/snapback]
[/quote]

Isn't it at 10 p.m.?

(It isn't--but it used to be.)

And it seemed to me that they were pretty sexed up at 10 p.m., as well.

And yes, Sanchez is still there--her smiling face greets you on the web site's home page.

FOXSportsFan

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 02:09:38 PM »
A few aspects of said website were very out of date...especially the newslinks.  Shows you how much they care for news.

Terry K

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005, 06:39:19 PM »
I believe KCOP does its news at 11 since KTTV does its at 10.  That was one of the Foxisms that Murdoch put in.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2005, 07:10:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'Sep 11 2005, 03:39 PM\']I believe KCOP does its news at 11 since KTTV does its at 10.  That was one of the Foxisms that Murdoch put in.
[/quote]
Was that in fact mandated by Fox, or are you speaking wholly ex-rectum?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2005, 07:22:06 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 11 2005, 07:10 PM\'][quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'Sep 11 2005, 03:39 PM\']I believe KCOP does its news at 11 since KTTV does its at 10.  That was one of the Foxisms that Murdoch put in.
[/quote]
[snapback]96471[/snapback]
[/quote]
I recall reading in several trade journals that Fox did move KCOP's newscast to 11 so as to avoid competing with KTTV.  Now, whether they were speaking ex-rectum or not is another matter. :-)

If my memory is correct, Murdoch wanted to do likewise with WWOR's newscast to avoid going up against WNYW in New York -- and he wanted to combine the operations of both stations as was done in Los Angeles.  But the usual interest groups complained, as did some New Jersey politicians since WWOR is licensed in New Jersey and not New York, and Murdoch backed off; he's still awaiting formal approval to keep WNYW, WWOR and the New York Post, and probably doesn't want to make any more enemies.

uncamark

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2005, 03:49:56 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Sep 11 2005, 06:22 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 11 2005, 07:10 PM\'][quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'Sep 11 2005, 03:39 PM\']I believe KCOP does its news at 11 since KTTV does its at 10.  That was one of the Foxisms that Murdoch put in.
[/quote]
[snapback]96471[/snapback]
[/quote]
I recall reading in several trade journals that Fox did move KCOP's newscast to 11 so as to avoid competing with KTTV.  Now, whether they were speaking ex-rectum or not is another matter. :-)

If my memory is correct, Murdoch wanted to do likewise with WWOR's newscast to avoid going up against WNYW in New York -- and he wanted to combine the operations of both stations as was done in Los Angeles.  But the usual interest groups complained, as did some New Jersey politicians since WWOR is licensed in New Jersey and not New York, and Murdoch backed off; he's still awaiting formal approval to keep WNYW, WWOR and the New York Post, and probably doesn't want to make any more enemies.
[snapback]96476[/snapback]
[/quote]

The switch of what was then WOR was made from New York to New Jersey in the 80s under complaints that New Jersey didn't have a major commercial TV station outside of the Atlantic City market.  The current studio facility in Secaucus was built in 1987.

Seems to me that although the new version of "A Current Affair" is on WNYW in New York, it's actually produced at 9 Broadcast Plaza in Secaucus--they built studios for national production there, but they haven't been used since the days of Richard Bey and Howard Stern's first TV show.

And in terms of union-avoiding, something that Murdoch always likes to do, seems to me that WWOR is a union shop, so there's no advantage in moving WNYW across the Hudson, unless Murdoch wants to try some union-busting.  Considering that it is North Jersey, that may not be a wise thing to do, if you get my drift...

cmjb13

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005, 04:03:52 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 03:49 PM\']Seems to me that although the new version of "A Current Affair" is on WNYW in New York, it's actually produced at 9 Broadcast Plaza in Secaucus--they built studios for national production there, but they haven't been used since the days of Richard Bey and Howard Stern's first TV show.[/quote]
Man, there's a name I haven't heard in a while. I remember going to a taping in late 1995. Very small studio.

Wasn't Richard old show called 9 Broadcast Plaza?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 04:04:16 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS