Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tom Bergeron sighting  (Read 6560 times)

uncamark

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2005, 04:10:41 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 03:03 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 03:49 PM\']Seems to me that although the new version of "A Current Affair" is on WNYW in New York, it's actually produced at 9 Broadcast Plaza in Secaucus--they built studios for national production there, but they haven't been used since the days of Richard Bey and Howard Stern's first TV show.[/quote]
Man, there's a name I haven't heard in a while. I remember going to a taping in late 1995. Very small studio.

Wasn't Richard old show called 9 Broadcast Plaza?
[snapback]96546[/snapback]
[/quote]

That was what it was called--it was originally a hybrid newscast and talk show that was 2 hours from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.  I assume it was also originally intended to be a public affairs-requirement filler, but after Bey became host (it seems like he wasn't an original host), it became less public affairs and more wackiness.  Sooner or later, the news would have to be separated from the talk show, and it eventually was--and the Bey show went on to syndication under the Bey title.

ObGameShow:  Ah yes, when WWOR was a superstation and ran "$100,000 Pyramid" and "$1M Chance of a Lifetime" when neither show was on in Chicago--a pleasure of my early cable-viewing days in 1987.

Ian Wallis

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2005, 04:17:24 PM »
ObGameShow: Ah yes, when WWOR was a superstation and ran "$100,000 Pyramid" and "$1M Chance of a Lifetime" when neither show was on in Chicago--a pleasure of my early cable-viewing days in 1987.

It still surprises me when I hear things like that.  I know NY and LA are important for getting a syndie show off the ground, but I thought a big city like Chicago would have picked up a show like "Pyramid" - especially considering its track record.  I guess you just never know...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

FOXSportsFan

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2005, 04:17:24 PM »
Ah yes, Richard Bey...the man who brought us the...

AUDIENCE: WHEEL!  OF!  TORTURE!

Wonder what he's up to these days...

Mike Tennant

Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2005, 04:22:52 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 03:17 PM\']Ah yes, Richard Bey...the man who brought us the...

AUDIENCE: WHEEL!  OF!  TORTURE!

Wonder what he's up to these days...
[snapback]96553[/snapback]
[/quote]
Working at Abu Ghraib, perhaps?

But seriously, folks, here's Mr. Bey's official website.  Looks like his latest gig is at the unemployment office after being fired from WABC radio.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
Tom Bergeron sighting
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2005, 08:35:09 AM »
9 Broadcast Plaza.

I remember that show and who hosted it originally...

Matt Lauer
Renee Humbly
Sara-Lee Kressler (Newscaster, with Reg Wells as occaisional substitute.)
Lloyd "HELLOOOOOOOOOOO!" Lindsay-Young (Weathercaster)

Later it was Brian Tracey, Boyd Matson and then Richard Bey as lead host.
-Sanford