Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Davidson's News Theme" orchestra version added!  (Read 5437 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
"Davidson's News Theme" orchestra version added!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2005, 02:22:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Aug 29 2005, 04:35 AM\']It's very nice, but I admit I'm a little confused:  the arrangement I'm hearing is piano/bass/drums.  Are there sounds I'm missing?
[/quote]
Either he or his MIDI editor are under the impression that just changing the label on the track is sufficient to actually change the instrument being used. As a result, every track remains assigned to Instrument 1, Acoustic Grand, or is percussion. When confronted with this information, we were told that the problem was on OUR end.

Also, either he or his MIDI editor do not know how to merge blocks of identical instruments down into one where it is warranted, and they do not know how to either delete or avoid including empty tracks. (Granted, this has little effect on what is already a really small file, but it's certainly a sign of really sloppy work.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 01:20:29 AM »
I have the same problems too and have given feedback in the past.  I've been able to use a VERY OLD program--WinJammer 32-bit--to re-assign patches and merge tracks down to 1 for each instrument.

Don't quite understand why you can't figure this out, Kid...all you are doing is making yourself (and your works) seem extremely amateur.  And your child-like comments aren't scoring you any points with us.

Matt
--Matt

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 02:33:17 AM »
I don't know if I missed anything...but is "Davidson's News Theme" a theme song to a particular American TV game show???

UPDATE: Never mind...I found link and story behind it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 02:36:44 AM by pianogeek »
-Sanford

kidsplash

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2005, 02:37:04 AM »
I finally updated the MIDI. Hopefully, it will sound better in your computer or keyboard.

"Davidson's News Theme" updated, corrected version

clemon79

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2005, 06:05:43 AM »
[quote name=\'kidsplash\' date=\'Sep 9 2005, 11:37 PM\']I finally updated the MIDI. Hopefully, it will sound better in your computer or keyboard.

[/quote]
Not surprisingly, still all Acoustic Grand, all the time, and still 55 tracks.

TonicBH

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2005, 02:14:09 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 10 2005, 05:05 AM\'][quote name=\'kidsplash\' date=\'Sep 9 2005, 11:37 PM\']I finally updated the MIDI. Hopefully, it will sound better in your computer or keyboard.

[/quote]
Not surprisingly, still all Acoustic Grand, all the time, and still 55 tracks.
[snapback]96327[/snapback]
[/quote]

Something tells me he either needs to:
A) Get a new program to compose MIDIs with
or
B) Stop making these silly MIDIs altogether.

I'm slanting towards B, myself.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

clemon79

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2005, 02:27:09 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Sep 10 2005, 11:14 AM\']B) Stop making these silly MIDIs altogether.

I'm slanting towards B, myself.
[/quote]
Well, that's kinda silly in and of itself. He can certainly keep making them if he enjoys doing so, and he certainly seems to. But he shouldn't be surprised that he's met with criticism instead of adulation when he decides to trumpet his latest "accomplishment" here if he won't make an effort to figure out what he's doing wrong, especially now that he's been TOLD what he's been doing wrong, how he can fix it, and exactly what piece of free software he needs to get to do it.