Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Things are looking ugly for Richard Hatch  (Read 3207 times)

Matt Ottinger

Things are looking ugly for Richard Hatch
« on: September 09, 2005, 11:18:54 PM »
USA TODAY has the ugly details of the charges against him.
Reuters, though, has quotes from his lawyer, who seems to think that ignorance of the law is a pretty cool excuse.

My favorite quote, however, has got to be Hatch's lawyer accusing the government of pulling a publicity stunt.  Meanwhile, Hatch is appearing on something called Battle of the Network Reality Stars and is unavailable for comment while he goes to Houston to comfort any refugee within camera range.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 11:19:18 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 05:59:27 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Sep 9 2005, 08:18 PM\']Meanwhile, Hatch is appearing on something called Battle of the Network Reality Stars and is unavailable for comment while he goes to Houston to comfort any refugee within camera range.
[/quote]
"Hah! You don't know the HALF of it! I was stranded on a DESERT ISLAND! Oh, with a full camera crew. And doctors. And we ate pretty well. And they gave us fresh water, and after a month we got to go home and they gave me a million dollars. But we were STRANDED, man!"
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 04:06:20 PM »
Hatch faces a maximum of 75 years in prison if found guilty on all charges. He also could face millions of dollars in fines.
Sounds like he has one more reality show ahead of him: Hotel Graybar. It could last as long as 75 years. Unlike most reality shows, it won't be on television, and instead of the show paying you, you pay the show! Talk about being STRANDED! Regular features will include "Pick Up the Soap, Bitch", "Bread and Macaroni AGAIN?", "Martha Stewart Didn't Have To Do This", as well as "Firm Those Muscles In One Hour of Exposure to Daylight Per Day".
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 04:13:20 PM by chris319 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 04:51:10 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Sep 10 2005, 01:06 PM\']Regular features will include "Pick Up the Soap, Bitch"
[/quote]
"Richard, you have the option. Would you like to give or receive?"
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvwxman

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 05:19:29 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 10 2005, 03:51 PM\'][quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Sep 10 2005, 01:06 PM\']Regular features will include "Pick Up the Soap, Bitch"
[/quote]
"Richard, you have the option. Would you like to give or receive?"
[snapback]96357[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hmmmm.... a toss up for "line of the day"....audience? bet now! bet now!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 08:29:37 PM »
I especially like how his attorney can talk all day about how Hatch thought CBS had withheld taxes, but is curiously silent on the charges of spending charity money on himself. The newspapers probably cut that part out as a publicity stunt.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 05:39:25 PM »
I especially like how his attorney can talk all day about how Hatch thought CBS had withheld taxes
CBS OFFICIAL: Richard Hatch, you've just won $1,000,000. Here is your check for $1,000,000.

HATCH: Wow, look at that check! CBS was going to withhold taxes, but the check is for the full $1,000,000, therefore I must not owe any taxes![/i] I'll have to call my tax attorney, Steve Martin.