The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

PYL questions...

<< < (3/4) > >>

Kevin Prather:
thanx gs!

Robert Hutchinson:
Isn't the PYL return-from-commercial cue just the last few seconds of the end theme? Or are there differences?

clemon79:
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Jun 18 2003, 10:37 PM\'] Isn't the PYL return-from-commercial cue just the last few seconds of the end theme? Or are there differences? [/quote]
 I can think off the top of my head of at least two different \"we're back!\" stings they used on PYL  (I think one was used for each round)....was there a third when they came back for the second question round?

jdhernandez:
Hehe, it feels like old times again....

Anyway, this episode in question is the \"Sylvester\" episode, or The One Where Mel Blanc Makes A Call.
Off the top of my head, this episode was in the middle of June...episode #44...darnit... *looks at guide*

#449, June 14, 1985. As to if GSN will show this ep; remember guys, GSN really did acquire new classic eps. Also, with GSN showing this PYL Wednesday morning block, they now show EIGHT episodes per week.

Furthermore, the Wed. morning blocks are \"new to most of us\" episodes, which is what GSN showed a little bit of today. They showed eps #311 to 316 today, so if I do my math right...this episode in question wouldn't even air until November of this year, and even then, the Wednesday morning block will go bye-bye...I'm sure of it.

As for the cue in question, I'll betcha five bucks he means the \"piano theme\" cue after the game is over, and the winner's earnings are announced.

Wow, that was a mouthful of Whammy. :-D

-Jason Hernandez

BrandonFG:
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Jun 19 2003, 12:37 AM\']Isn't the PYL return-from-commercial cue just the last few seconds of the end theme? Or are there differences?[/quote]
The return to the second question round WAS the last seconds of the closing theme.

As far as spins round cues, like Chris said, there were at least 2.  One was a variation of the PYL main theme, and another was just that weird \"humming\" cue heard during the intro, when previous winning/losing contestants were shown.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version