Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Season 7 of CPS  (Read 5683 times)

itiparanoid13

Season 7 of CPS
« on: September 13, 2005, 03:10:56 PM »
I just put on the site, and I found from Game Show NewsNet , that CPS season 7 is going to be called Million Dollar Jackpot.  Now I'm wondering if that's just the jackpot the winner gets or if that's total bankroll they have to give away.  Maybe they'll have some sort of tourney of champs at the end for it or something.  Why am I still guessing?  It'll start on October 13th at 9PM ET.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 05:00:02 PM by itiparanoid13 »

Matt Ottinger

Season 7 of CPS
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 03:23:10 PM »
I'm a huge fan of CPS, but that seems very odd to me.  Are a whole lot more people going to tune in because celebrities are going to win MORE money for their charity?  Seems that the money thing ought to be secondary, even for a poker show, when the draw is the people who are playing.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

curtking

Season 7 of CPS
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 04:18:01 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Sep 13 2005, 02:10 PM\']...that CPS season 7 is going to be called season 7
[/quote]
I swear there's a really smart-ass line here, but I'm drawing a blank.

Curt

itiparanoid13

Season 7 of CPS
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 04:59:43 PM »
Oh wow, sorry.  I overlooked I did that.  It's been a really long day.  Sorry about that.

bandit_bobby

Season 7 of CPS
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 09:42:31 PM »
I think the grand prize for this upcoming edition is either $250K or $500K for charity.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Season 7 of CPS
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 09:46:12 PM »
Then why on earth would they trumpet a Million Dollar Jackpot?
Travis L. Eberle

zachhoran

Season 7 of CPS
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 11:13:05 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Sep 13 2005, 08:46 PM\']Then why on earth would they trumpet a Million Dollar Jackpot?
[snapback]96706[/snapback]
[/quote]

TJW's 1980 TofC was called the Million Dollar TofC. It was the total of all the cash prizes the participants won. There is a small precedent.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Season 7 of CPS
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 12:38:16 AM »
In Zach's race to participate in a thread that didn't need him, he overlooked something: the facts.  The Joker's Wild tournament didn't advertise a million dollar jackpot.

At this point, Zach, I fear for the real world if you were to go outside, get some fresh air and sunshine.  Just stay indoors.
Travis L. Eberle

zachhoran

Season 7 of CPS
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 08:01:43 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Sep 13 2005, 11:38 PM\']In Zach's race to participate in a thread that didn't need him, he overlooked something: the facts.  The Joker's Wild tournament didn't advertise a million dollar jackpot.

[snapback]96719[/snapback]
[/quote]

They did advertise a million dollars nonetheless

Jimmy Owen

Season 7 of CPS
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 10:44:42 AM »
Season 7?  Has it been on for 7 years already?  How the time flies.......
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

Season 7 of CPS
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 12:02:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Sep 14 2005, 09:44 AM\']Season 7?  Has it been on for 7 years already?  How the time flies.......
[snapback]96743[/snapback]
[/quote]

Seven series, as they say in the UK.  They count every group of six as a "season."

And they've always referred to the "Cingular/[edit after Maura Tierney went on loaded and made Cingular pull out]/Netzero/Cadillac/Beck's Premier Light quarter million dollar prize pool" all thoughout the show's history.

Matt Ottinger

Season 7 of CPS
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 12:17:14 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 14 2005, 12:02 PM\']And they've always referred to the "Cingular/[edit after Maura Tierney went on loaded and made Cingular pull out]/Netzero/Cadillac/Beck's Premier Light quarter million dollar prize pool" all thoughout the show's history.[/quote]
I think it's a little premature for speculation, but since that's never stopped us before, I would suggest that there's a difference between referring to a "million dollar jackpot" and a "million dollar prize pool".  "Jackpot" carries with it the implication that someone is going to win it all.

I'd also suggest that it's a little silly to be debating something bandit_bobby said, since he obviously doesn't have any more information that the rest of us and is only speculating himself, no mater how he worded it.

Matt Ottinger

Season 7 of CPS
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 12:01:04 AM »
In promos running during tonight's Championship round of the current series, Bravo is referring to a "million dollar prize pool" for the new series.

itiparanoid13

Season 7 of CPS
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 07:32:21 AM »
I also noticed in the previews that there are tons of returning people, the best returning people that they have had.  This could just possibly be the theme for it.  The best players from CPS history come back to play in the million buck prize pool.  I'll try to get the celebrity list soon.

uncamark

Season 7 of CPS
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2005, 02:55:56 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Sep 23 2005, 06:32 AM\']I also noticed in the previews that there are tons of returning people, the best returning people that they have had.  This could just possibly be the theme for it.  The best players from CPS history come back to play in the million buck prize pool.  I'll try to get the celebrity list soon.
[snapback]97496[/snapback]
[/quote]

Very likely.  I was wondering why there wasn't a Table of Champions with the champs of the first five cycles attached to the sixth cycle that just ended.  Perhaps this is an all-star edition (whether that means that the dumb luck players like Dennis Rodman and Colin Quinn are back is another story).