Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most Shows In Primetime In One Night?  (Read 2759 times)

TravisP

Most Shows In Primetime In One Night?
« on: September 15, 2005, 02:37:31 PM »
Question to test your US Game Show knowledge. This Saturday night over in the UK there will be no less than five formats all airing in primetime. The shows set to air on BBC One & ITV1 are.

BBC One
A Question Of Sport
National Lottery - In It To Win It

ITV1
The X-Factor
Ant & Dec's Game Show Marathon (featuring The Price Is Right)
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

Its a rare sight to have five formats being shown on the same night. With all the primetime hits on US television in the past what has been the most number of Game Show formats being aired in a single night?

uncamark

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 02:45:41 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' date=\'Sep 15 2005, 01:37 PM\']Question to test your US Game Show knowledge. This Saturday night over in the UK there will be no less than five formats all airing in primetime. The shows set to air on BBC One & ITV1 are.

BBC One
A Question Of Sport
National Lottery - In It To Win It

ITV1
The X-Factor
Ant & Dec's Game Show Marathon (featuring The Price Is Right)
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

Its a rare sight to have five formats being shown on the same night. With all the primetime hits on US television in the past what has been the most number of Game Show formats being aired in a single night?
[snapback]96886[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just to warn you--you'll get the argument that "X Factor" is a talent show, not a game show.

Don't have my Brooks and Marsh with me, but I would have the feeling that either in the first heyday of the big money quizzes in the late 50s or the panel show heyday in the early 50s the U.S. networks (and that would include DuMont before 1955) would probably beat or tie that five in one evening at least once, especially if it was during summer, where game shows sprouted all over the place and "Masquerade Party" and "Pantomime Quiz" always thrived.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 11:53:50 AM by uncamark »

TravisP

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 03:42:14 PM »
Just to warn you--you'll get the argument that "X Factor" is a talent show, not a game show.

I know!

There are many times we've had three shows in one night (Takeaway, Lottery & Millionaire?) There is the occasional time with Link being on, it would make it a foursome.