Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chuck Barris Productions  (Read 2836 times)

MrBuddwing

Chuck Barris Productions
« on: September 18, 2005, 08:05:22 AM »
If not, then what became of all the videotapes of all the shows Barris supposedly held on to?

From what I've read (here and elsewhere), Barris stands out among most game show producers in terms of saving copies of his shows (a polar opposite example I suppose would be Bob Stewart, who reportedly saved nothing).

Jimmy Owen

Chuck Barris Productions
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 08:33:28 AM »
All the tapes are safe in the hands of Sony.  Everything done for the networks by Bob Stewart from "Pass the Buck" forward is controlled by Sony as well.  Occasionally clips will be used on compilation shows.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 08:35:01 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

zachhoran

Chuck Barris Productions
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 08:56:17 AM »
[quote name=\'MrBuddwing\' date=\'Sep 18 2005, 07:05 AM\']If not, then what became of all the videotapes of all the shows Barris supposedly held on to?

[snapback]97110[/snapback]
[/quote]

I believe he stopped being involved in daily production(as in selling his company) of his shows in 1986 or 1987, when the revivals of (New)Newlywed Game and (All New) Dating Game were on the air. The tapes of his shows went to Sony in the early 90s IIRC.

Ian Wallis

Chuck Barris Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 03:13:32 PM »
From what I've read (here and elsewhere), Barris stands out among most game show producers in terms of saving copies of his shows (a polar opposite example I suppose would be Bob Stewart, who reportedly saved nothing).

I think you'd have to rate Goodson, Barris, and probably Jack Barry as the producers whose shows survive in the greatest quantities today.  Even others that Sony controls can't say that.  Merv Griffin, for example, apparantly didn't save any of the original "Jeopardy", or any other shows he was involved with back in the mid '60s.  Barris reportedly saved all of his shows from that time period, and some early ones have run on GSN.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!