Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another updated G-T show...?  (Read 5305 times)

trainman

Another updated G-T show...?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 01:09:56 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Sep 22 2005, 01:20 PM\']Call me crazy (<Dan Sadro>"You're crazy!"<end/Dan Sadro>), but I kinda liked the theme.  For me, it just seemed to work on those "Who's Who" segments.  This is not to say the theme wasn't dopey--but I did find it kinda catchy.
[snapback]97442[/snapback]
[/quote]

You are not alone.  I'd go as far as to say that I really like it as the "Who's Who" music, in fact.

Insert your favorite Chuck Barris "Then again. . ." one-liner here. :)

Then again...I also like "Macarthur Park," radio station jingles, and the entire oeuvre of They Might Be Giants, including the songs that seem brilliant upon first listen but actually don't make any sense.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 01:11:19 AM by trainman »
trainman is a man of trains

mystery7

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2005, 05:02:20 PM »
MacPark: Richard Harris or Donna Summer? Or does it matter? The Four Tops did a nice version, too.

TMBG: John Henry was my intro, then I started really getting into them soon after. I'd commission 'em for a game show theme.

Robair

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 11:04:53 PM »
[quote name=\'trainman\' date=\'Sep 23 2005, 12:09 AM\']Then again...I also like "Macarthur Park," radio station jingles, and the entire oeuvre of They Might Be Giants, including the songs that seem brilliant upon first listen but actually don't make any sense.
[snapback]97488[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, Jim, quite a bunch of us, you me, Randy West.

It would have made more sense if they played the theme at the proper speed.  Or was that the proper speed? I don't know what's right or wrong? I can't picture that theme without Soupy doing one of his bows.
--Robair

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2005, 11:09:42 PM »
[quote name=\'trainman\' date=\'Sep 23 2005, 12:09 AM\']Then again...I also like "Macarthur Park,"
[snapback]97488[/snapback]
[/quote]
If nothing else, it was a great bathroom song (either that or "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida").  But if there was a skip in the record, uh-oh.

(You young-uns do remember vinyl, don't you?  :) )

Doug -- and the countdown to 1500 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

uncamark

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 12:49:39 PM »
My guess is that "He Said She Said" is still in Fremantle's catalog by that title and if someone in the Middle East wanted to do it and would pay the money they wanted, Fremantle is only too happy to license it to them and send them the bible and a tape of an episode (don't know if they still have Ted Cooper and Kathy Ankers' set designs in the files to make copies).

And perhaps Fremantle has "HSSS" listed as a civilian show (like the original pilot) and "Tattletales" as a celeb show.