Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Order  (Read 3502 times)

Clay Zambo

The Order
« on: September 26, 2005, 11:27:06 AM »
A composer friend asked if I "happened" to have any game show themes from the 60s and 70s that I could play for him.  So I'm assembling a CD of some samples, and--looking for organizational principals in which to arrange the pieces, thought I'd end the disc with the three CBS shows that premiered on 9/4/72.  It was "Joker's Wild," "Gambit," and then "Price is Right," wasn't it?

If not, screw it, I'm rearranging the whole thing, 'cause no way am I gonna not end this collection with "Price."
czambo@mac.com

DjohnsonCB

The Order
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 11:41:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Sep 26 2005, 10:27 AM\']A composer friend asked if I "happened" to have any game show themes from the 60s and 70s that I could play for him.  So I'm assembling a CD of some samples, and--looking for organizational principals in which to arrange the pieces, thought I'd end the disc with the three CBS shows that premiered on 9/4/72.  It was "Joker's Wild," "Gambit," and then "Price is Right," wasn't it?

If not, screw it, I'm rearranging the whole thing, 'cause no way am I gonna not end this collection with "Price."
[snapback]97688[/snapback]
[/quote]

You don't have to end it with "Price"...it debuted after TJW and before "Gambit".
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Order
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 02:07:46 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Sep 26 2005, 08:41 AM\']You don't have to end it with "Price"...it debuted after TJW and before "Gambit".
[/quote]
Except he said he specifically WANTS to end it with Price, which is why he's gonna rearrange the whole thing if those three tracks didn't follow in the chronological order he was hoping they did.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

The Order
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 04:06:30 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Sep 26 2005, 10:41 AM\'][quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Sep 26 2005, 10:27 AM\']A composer friend asked if I "happened" to have any game show themes from the 60s and 70s that I could play for him.  So I'm assembling a CD of some samples, and--looking for organizational principals in which to arrange the pieces, thought I'd end the disc with the three CBS shows that premiered on 9/4/72.  It was "Joker's Wild," "Gambit," and then "Price is Right," wasn't it?
[/quote]
You don't have to end it with "Price"...it debuted after TJW and before "Gambit".
[snapback]97691[/snapback]
[/quote]
End it with the theme to The CBS Midday News with Douglas Edwards.

DjohnsonCB

The Order
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 06:32:03 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 26 2005, 01:07 PM\'][quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Sep 26 2005, 08:41 AM\']You don't have to end it with "Price"...it debuted after TJW and before "Gambit".
[/quote]
Except he said he specifically WANTS to end it with Price, which is why he's gonna rearrange the whole thing if those three tracks didn't follow in the chronological order he was hoping they did.
[snapback]97704[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oops...I didn't notice his use of the word "not" after "gonna".  Gee, some of these small words DO have a way of escaping one's eye at times, and it messes up the whole meaning of what a poster says.  Sorry...
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Clay Zambo

The Order
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 07:54:50 AM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Sep 26 2005, 10:41 AM\']You don't have to end it with "Price"...it debuted after TJW and before "Gambit".
[/quote]

I feared that was the case--but, as discussed elsewhere, I thought "Price" was the stronger theme on which to end the disc.

[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Sep 26 2005, 03:06 PM\']End it with the theme to The CBS Midday News with Douglas Edwards.
[/quote]

Brilliant!  Why didn't I think of that!

Now--moving on:

My friend listened to the disc on his subway ride home last night and has newfound appreciation for the genre.  He's a particular fan of the vocal version of "To Tell the Truth" (but who wouldn't be?).

Turns out, though, that he needs more to listen to '60s themes than '70s. The collection I gave him included Password, LMAD, TTTT, and "Swingin' Safari," but it seems like 70s themes are much better represented in the trading circuit and on commercial recordings than earlier ones.  Are there really well-known '60s-game themes I'm missing?
czambo@mac.com

uncamark

The Order
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 12:25:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Sep 26 2005, 03:06 PM\'][quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Sep 26 2005, 10:41 AM\'][quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Sep 26 2005, 10:27 AM\']A composer friend asked if I "happened" to have any game show themes from the 60s and 70s that I could play for him.  So I'm assembling a CD of some samples, and--looking for organizational principals in which to arrange the pieces, thought I'd end the disc with the three CBS shows that premiered on 9/4/72.  It was "Joker's Wild," "Gambit," and then "Price is Right," wasn't it?
[/quote]
[snapback]97691[/snapback]
[/quote]
End it with the theme to The CBS Midday News with Douglas Edwards.
[snapback]97718[/snapback]
[/quote]

And now, that theme...

Clickclickclickclickclickclickclick...

tvwxman

The Order
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 12:29:30 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 27 2005, 11:25 AM\']
And now, that theme...

Clickclickclickclickclickclickclick...
[snapback]97801[/snapback]
[/quote]

Is this another kidsplash midi? Cause if it is , i ain't gonna bother downloadin'.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"