Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Marshall or Bergeron?  (Read 7007 times)

calliaume

Marshall or Bergeron?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2005, 01:18:17 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 27 2005, 12:02 PM\']For most tourists looking to see TV shows in LA, I would assume that the priority then would be Carson, then a popular sitcom or variety show, then the less popular, then the other daily talk shows, then "TPIR" or "LMAD," then the other game shows.  YMMV, of course, but that would be my guess.  Maybe a little more to "Squares" or "MG" if you liked the regulars, but a run-of-the-mill civilian game would probably be at the bottom of most peoples' lists.
[snapback]97810[/snapback]
[/quote]
Tattletales would have to rank in there somewhere - at least everybody brought home a little money.

tvwxman

Marshall or Bergeron?
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2005, 02:11:53 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Sep 27 2005, 12:18 PM\']Tattletales would have to rank in there somewhere - at least everybody brought home a little money.
[snapback]97811[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm not so sure about that. Sure, we've heard of it, but to an average tv viewer, aside from the noticing housewifes, who would know that a little celebrity game show offered money to the audience? (Yes, i'm aware that it said that on the ticket....)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Don Howard

Marshall or Bergeron?
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2005, 05:10:28 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 23 2005, 07:15 PM\']can anyone really confirm his claims that Chuck's Wheel only had 7 people in the audience. I think he might've been jealous that the show was slowly becoming more and more popular (was said to be NBC's #1 game in the late-70s).
[snapback]97539[/snapback]
[/quote]
Can't confirm figures from a 1970s episode (someone here who knows Charlie O. could get that answer) but at a taping I attended in 1985 (as WOF was ending its second syndicated season and was within a month of sending Family Feud packing) that audience was slightly more than half-filled. And this was in the spring and the California weather was not treacherous. This taping took place on a Saturday in the early evening.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 05:12:01 PM by Don Howard »