Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hosts pluuging their new shows on other game shows  (Read 6756 times)

Ryan_Conley194

Hosts pluuging their new shows on other game shows
« on: September 30, 2005, 11:07:16 PM »
Hi, I recently went to Mr. City's website and I saw Bill Cullen and Bert Convy plug Child's Play and Tattletales on TPiR.  What I want to know is were there any other shows that had hosts from different game shows plug their new series?

Don Howard

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 12:36:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Ryan_Conley194\' date=\'Sep 30 2005, 10:07 PM\']Hi, I recently went to Mr. City's website and I saw Bill Cullen and Bert Convy plug Child's Play and Tattletales on TPiR.  What I want to know is were there any other shows that had hosts from different game shows plug their new series?
[snapback]98215[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'll help you a little bit. Ray Combs went on Card Sharks to plug his version of Family Feud, Bob Eubanks went on Card Sharks to plug All-Star Secrets and Art Fleming appeared on The New High Rollers to plug the late 70s version of Jeopardy!
I know there are others, but I find those last two rather interesting.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 10:32:19 AM by Don Howard »

Winkfan

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 01:14:43 PM »
Hi, I recently went to Mr. City's website and I saw Bill Cullen and Bert Convy plug Child's Play and Tattletales on TPiR.

I'm sure many of us (including moi) have in their video collections, the Match Game '74 installment where Convy made an unannounced appearence to plug Tattletales. And here's a few other examples:

Jack Narz plugging Now You See It during his week as a TT guest. (He plugged it eight times!)

Chuck Woolery appearing on Celebrity Sweepstakes to promote some show entitled Wheel of Fortune.

In 1971, Jack Barry made a brief visit to The Newlywed Game to promote The Reel Game.

And here's an item we may have forgotten, Vin Scully "came on down" on TPiR to plug his short-lived talk show in 1973. (I thought he was gonna be an actual contestant on the show!)

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Renee Roy of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 05:38:13 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

Mr. Matté

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 01:26:45 PM »
Tom Kennedy went on Blockbusters to plug Password + inside one of the hexagons and Ray Combs also went on TPIR to plug Feud also ("These are Barker's Beauties, get your own Combs' Cuties!").

Ian Wallis

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 02:31:52 PM »
One I've always liked was Tom Kennedy appearing on the first Stumpers to plug his new show 50 Grand Slam; and Allen Ludden appearing on the first 50 Grand Slam (which premiered immediately after Stumpers) to plug his new show Stumpers - and to wish each other luck.  Fortunately, a lot of us have those shows in our collections.  Unfortanately, both shows were cancelled on New Year's Eve 1976, after just 13 weeks on the air.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 02:34:58 PM by Ian Wallis »
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 03:28:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Oct 1 2005, 12:14 PM\'][quote name=\'Ryan_Conley194\' date=\'Sep 30 2005, 08:07 PM\']Hi, I recently went to Mr. City's website and I saw Bill Cullen and Bert Convy plug Child's Play and Tattletales on TPiR.[/quote]

And here's an item we may have forgotten, Vin Scully "came on down" on TPiR to plug his short-lived talk show in 1973. (I thought he was gonna be an actual contestant on the show!)

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Renee Roy of the Big Board!'
[snapback]98252[/snapback]
[/quote]

I remember Vin's plug for his talk show on TPIR.  He also did a week of You Don't Say! with Amanda Blake as the other celebrity, and on all shows (presumably; I only saw Monday and Friday's shows) Tom Kennedy mentioned the upcoming It Takes Two which Scully would host.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

cmjb13

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 03:44:43 PM »
TPIR:

Eubanks plugging Card Sharks
Combs plugging Family Feud
Convy plugging TattleTales
Cullen plugging Childs Play
Chuck Henry plugging Now You See It
Tom Kennedy plugging Body Language
Bob Goen plugging Wheel of Fortune (Blackout as well?)
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 03:57:39 PM »
There's a pic of Monty visiting Mike Darow's"Dream House" in the encyclopedia.  Off topic but, can anyone confirm that Kelly Lange went on MMM to plug "Take My Advice"?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Ryan_Conley194

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 07:48:58 PM »
Did Tomarken ever plug Press Your Luck on The Price is Right or any other CBS game show that was on at the time?

TonicBH

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 07:57:06 PM »
I believe I once saw on a MG webpage that Jack Narz randomly appeared on MG to promote NYSI, but I could be wrong.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 07:59:38 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Oct 1 2005, 07:57 PM\']I believe I once saw on a MG webpage that Jack Narz randomly appeared on MG to promote NYSI, but I could be wrong.[/quote]
He didn't just show up to plug Now You See It.  Jack was a panelist for an entire week in '74.

calliaume

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 08:26:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Oct 1 2005, 02:57 PM\']There's a pic of Monty visiting Mike Darow's"Dream House" in the encyclopedia.  Off topic but, can anyone confirm that Kelly Lange went on MMM to plug "Take My Advice"?
[snapback]98260[/snapback]
[/quote]
I can't confirm it with 100 percent certainty, but I do seem to remember that happening.  Odd, since Take My Advice replaced MMM, for a couple of weeks anyway.

zachhoran

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2005, 08:35:52 PM »
[quote name=\'cool245\' date=\'Oct 1 2005, 07:32 PM\']When Cullen appeared on The Price is Right (CBS version) to plug his show Childs Play did Bob Barker ever state that he hosted the show before it appeared on CBS?
[snapback]98283[/snapback]
[/quote]

Barker has made references to the Cullen show on rare occasions, but he didn't mention Cullen's hosting of the original TPIR during Cullen's 1982 appearance.

GSWitch

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 06:25:17 AM »
Bob Goen did promote Blackout when he surprised Bob Eubanks on Card Sharks, coming out as a contestant during the kids week.

Allen Ludden promoted Stumpers! on 50 Grand Slam (hosted by Tom Kennedy) & Kennedy returned the favor promoting 50 Grand Slam on Allen Ludden's show, Stumpers!

When Pat Sajak called out Vanna White to come out of the curtain, out came Betty White, promoting her show.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2005, 10:30:15 AM »
More from my Cullen files:

Bill appeared on Concentration to plug his Three on a Match.

Geoff Edwards appeared with Bill on Three on Match to plug his Jackpot.

This goes back a way:  Roger Price appeared with Bill on Bank on the Stars to plug his Droodles.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.