Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hosts pluuging their new shows on other game shows  (Read 6758 times)

BrandonFG

Hosts pluuging their new shows on other game shows
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2005, 12:37:46 PM »
Most recently, didn't Donny Osmond make an appearance on the Wheel set. I don't remember if he was plugging Pyramid, maybe someone can confirm?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2005, 04:29:23 PM »
Off topic but, can anyone confirm that Kelly Lange went on MMM to plug "Take My Advice"?

Personally, I don't think I ever saw that one, but Kelly did do two weeks of Celebrity Sweepstakes right around the time Take My Advice debuted.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

sshuffield70

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2005, 11:58:05 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Oct 2 2005, 11:37 AM\']Most recently, didn't Donny Osmond make an appearance on the Wheel set. I don't remember if he was plugging Pyramid, maybe someone can confirm?
[snapback]98336[/snapback]
[/quote]

IIRC, he appeared during "Pyramid"'s second season and mentioned the show.

megamanj1986

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2005, 01:22:07 PM »
I know that Dickie Dawson didn't promote All-Star Blitz, but he did make a joke reference about him visiting Peter Marshall and All-Star Blitz.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 01:49:48 PM by megamanj1986 »

tyshaun1

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2005, 02:00:45 PM »
[quote name=\'megamanj1986\' date=\'Oct 3 2005, 01:22 PM\']I know that Dickie Dawson didn't promote All-Star Blitz, but he did make a joke reference about him visiting Peter Marshall and All-Star Blitz.
[snapback]98420[/snapback]
[/quote]
Apparently Dawson managed to reference/criticize every other game show on the air. I know he brought up Card Sharks, Trivia Trap, All-Star Blitz, Whew!, TPIR, Match Game, am I missing anything?

Tyshaun

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2005, 02:11:56 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Oct 3 2005, 11:00 AM\']Apparently Dawson managed to reference/criticize every other game show on the air. I know he brought up Card Sharks, Trivia Trap, All-Star Blitz, Whew!, TPIR, Match Game, am I missing anything?
[/quote]
Horanity in three...two....one...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChuckNet

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2005, 03:18:19 PM »
IIRC, he appeared during "Pyramid"'s second season and mentioned the show.

Correct, but he actually appeared during its 1st season...not long after the premiere, in fact.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

uncamark

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2005, 04:46:19 PM »
NBC loved having their stars appear on the daytime game shows in general.  With the exception of "Squares" and any other celeb shows, there are lots of instances of net stars doing a walk-on to plug their shows, even on "J!" (although with the contestants no doubt silently fuming at two minutes of game time being taken away for Art Fleming glad-handing some third-billed star of a bomb sitcom).  Nothing pops out right now, except for the British entertainer Des O'Connor, who was the summer replacement for the "Kraft Music Hall" for many years with a show produced by ATV and shot at Elstree, doing his "I Say I Say" bit with Bob Clayton on "Concentration."  (For those who don't remember, this music hall bit had O'Connor ready to give some sort of recitation and forever being interrupted with an "I Say, I Say" by various persons with cornball jokes.)

TheGameShowGuy

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2005, 11:40:48 PM »
Peter Tomarken (and The whammy) didn't actually actually appear on $25,000 Pyramid but I do remember a cute commercial promoting PYL with Dick Clark & Peter Tomarken where Dick advises us to watch this great new show with the talented new TV personality.... (as Peter is looking smugly ready to be introduced) when Dick says ..."The Whammy' (Who then jumps out on his pogo stick!)

I also remember Jack Narz promoting Now You see It's 1975 rule change on Match Game'75 ...hiding under the first panelists seat. I even remember the question went something like someone got their ______ stuck in a jar and jack had a card ready with the word WATCH... which then had other cards taped and folded behind reading "WATCH-NOW-YOU-SEE-IT". He discussed the rule change and said they will have more winners. (This is when the games started to  straddle on NYSI.)
He was not a guest during the promotion I remember. It also promted another panelist (Brett maybe? --I think it was Richard???) to say "Wait till you see who's under my seat".