Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tattletales Question  (Read 8453 times)

Steve_Bier

Tattletales Question
« on: October 04, 2005, 10:37:27 PM »
Curiosity has gotten the best of me...

Did Peter Tomarken or David Horowitz ever appear on the 80's verision of Tattletales?

whewfan

Tattletales Question
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 06:33:51 AM »
Not to my knowledge. I don't think Mr. Goodson would want the host of a game show that replaced another game show that he produced (naturally I'm referring to PYL replacing Child's Play)

As for David Horowitz, I don't believe he did the show either. Was he really that well known at that time? I remember "Fight Back" which was basically a Michael Moore-esque show where David would see if a product would do as it advertised.

zachhoran

Tattletales Question
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 07:40:10 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Oct 5 2005, 05:33 AM\']

As for David Horowitz, I don't believe he did the show either. Was he really that well known at that time? I remember "Fight Back" which was basically a Michael Moore-esque show where David would see if a product would do as it advertised.
[snapback]98676[/snapback]
[/quote]

Fight Back was on the air by the time of the early 80s Tattletales revival, so he had no less name value than some of the stars who did end up doing the show.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Tattletales Question
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 07:48:36 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Oct 5 2005, 06:40 AM\']Fight Back was on the air by the time of the early 80s Tattletales revival, so he had no less name value than some of the stars who did end up doing the show.
[snapback]98681[/snapback]
[/quote]
And Horowitz had made numerous appearances on THE TONIGHT SHOW by the time TT's second run came about (Carson even lampooned him a few times as "David Howitzer").  So I second the "name value."  The issue may have been that Horowitz taped his show in Studio 5 at NBC/Burbank and was an employee of KNBC, so CBS may not have wanted him booked.  Purely speculation--your mileage may differ.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Steve_Bier

Tattletales Question
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 09:42:56 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Oct 5 2005, 06:48 PM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Oct 5 2005, 06:40 AM\']Fight Back was on the air by the time of the early 80s Tattletales revival, so he had no less name value than some of the stars who did end up doing the show.
[snapback]98681[/snapback]
[/quote]
And Horowitz had made numerous appearances on THE TONIGHT SHOW by the time TT's second run came about (Carson even lampooned him a few times as "David Howitzer").  So I second the "name value."  The issue may have been that Horowitz taped his show in Studio 5 at NBC/Burbank and was an employee of KNBC, so CBS may not have wanted him booked.  Purely speculation--your mileage may differ.

Doug
[snapback]98786[/snapback]
[/quote]

The NBC thing! I forgot about that. That explains everything. Something also tells me that Richard Simmons was never on Tattletales, but that's neither here nor there ;).

Btw---off topic, but I loved "Fight Back" as a kid.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 10:31:43 PM by Steve_Bier »

SRIV94

Tattletales Question
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 11:22:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve_Bier\' date=\'Oct 5 2005, 08:42 PM\']Something also tells me that Richard Simmons was never on Tattletales, but that's neither here nor there ;).
[snapback]98799[/snapback]
[/quote]
Didn't stop Charles Nelson Reilly or Rip Taylor from being booked (Ripper paired with Phyllis Diller, and CNR paired with Julie Harris).

Doug
Doug
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

zachhoran

Tattletales Question
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 07:27:53 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Oct 5 2005, 10:22 PM\']
Didn't stop Charles Nelson Reilly or Rip Taylor from being booked (Ripper paired with Phyllis Diller, and CNR paired with Julie Harris).

[snapback]98808[/snapback]
[/quote]

Don't forget Fannie Flagg and Dick Sargent from the 70s run.

SRIV94

Tattletales Question
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 09:59:06 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Oct 6 2005, 06:27 AM\'][quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Oct 5 2005, 10:22 PM\']

[snapback]98808[/snapback]
[/quote]

Don't forget Fannie Flagg and Dick Sargent from the 70s run.
[snapback]98828[/snapback]
[/quote]
The only reason I remembered CNR and Ripper being booked was having seen some of those eps on GSN in the last couple of years.  As much as I enjoyed TT's 70s run, I really didn't see a whole lot of those eps (even on GSN--didn't really get into it until too late).  So I wasn't intending to give Flagg and Sargent short shrift.

Doug
Doug

Jimmy Owen

Tattletales Question
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 10:05:14 AM »
Plus at the time, I figured Fannie and Dick were dating.  Phyllis, I thought was also on TT with Warde Donovan, who had a slight resemblance to Rip Taylor.  Didn't CNR also pair with Elizabeth Allen?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 10:14:22 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SRIV94

Tattletales Question
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 10:13:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Oct 6 2005, 09:05 AM\']Plus at the time, I figured Fannie and Dick were dating.  Phyllis, I thought was on TT with Ward Donovan, who had a slight resemblance to Rip Taylor.
[snapback]98836[/snapback]
[/quote]
Diller appeared with both of them (with Ward in the first weeks of the 70s run, and with Ripper in the first weeks of the 80s run).

I remembered Rip and Phyllis' appearance because I managed to get at least one of the eps on tape.

Doug
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 10:14:37 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug

uncamark

Tattletales Question
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 11:28:05 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Oct 6 2005, 09:13 AM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Oct 6 2005, 09:05 AM\']Plus at the time, I figured Fannie and Dick were dating.  Phyllis, I thought was on TT with Ward Donovan, who had a slight resemblance to Rip Taylor.
[/quote]
Diller appeared with both of them (with Ward in the first weeks of the 70s run, and with Ripper in the first weeks of the 80s run).

I remembered Rip and Phyllis' appearance because I managed to get at least one of the eps on tape.

Doug
[snapback]98839[/snapback]
[/quote]

And when she appeared with Donovan on "Tattletales," she was married to him--at that point, they were still married couples only and hadn't introduced dating or "friends" couples yet.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Tattletales Question
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 01:20:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Oct 6 2005, 07:05 AM\']Plus at the time, I figured Fannie and Dick were dating.
[/quote]
As it happens, Fannie wasn't into Dick.

(Wow. That's wrong on SO many levels. I'm not sure whether the slash comment should be "All week, veal", or "Aisle seat, please"....)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MCArroyo1

Tattletales Question
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2005, 02:07:11 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 6 2005, 01:20 PM\']As it happens, Fannie wasn't into Dick.
[snapback]98853[/snapback]
[/quote]
The perils of censorship...

aaron sica

Tattletales Question
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2005, 02:11:59 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 6 2005, 01:20 PM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Oct 6 2005, 07:05 AM\']Plus at the time, I figured Fannie and Dick were dating.
[/quote]

(Wow. That's wrong on SO many levels. I'm not sure whether the slash comment should be "All week, veal", or "Aisle seat, please"....)
[snapback]98853[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think "Line of the Month" should suffice. :)

TwoInchQuad

Tattletales Question
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2005, 02:43:49 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 6 2005, 09:20 AM\']

[/quote]

Ah, but looking at it the other way around...  :^)

-Kevin