Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!  (Read 5905 times)

Don Howard

WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!
« on: October 05, 2005, 11:09:31 PM »
I could have sworn that during The Tampax Jackpot Round one night not long ago that jackpot rose without anyone spinning the wheel. Are they now hacking out people spinning to get in their 16 puzzles per show?
Also, has there been an increase in the puzzles per program as The Sony Staff had prayed?
In addition, does anyone like that what's behind the ?$1000? mystery space is revealed to the folks at home before the contestant decides whether to pick it up or not? Next will they be revealing the puzzle before the first spin to "make it more fun" for the audience? Classic Concentration tried that for a week or so during its run before it mercifully went the way of my virginity and the home audience sneak peek went away for good.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 11:17:25 PM by Don Howard »

bandit_bobby

WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 11:33:02 PM »
I like the new Mystery Round feature.

Kevin Prather

WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 11:33:28 PM »
I don't like it.

jmangin

WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 11:35:57 PM »
I hate the new mystery round feature--definitely not mysterious when you know whats on the other side.

BrandonFG

WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 12:16:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Oct 5 2005, 10:09 PM\']I could have sworn that during The Tampax Jackpot Round one night not long ago
[snapback]98807[/snapback]
[/quote]
Was this a red-letter puzzle?

I'll be here all week.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 12:16:38 AM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

JohnTheGameMan

WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 12:16:44 AM »
I can't stand the new mystery round reveal.  It takes the suspense and fun out of that portion of the game.  I hope it doesn't stay on that long.  I just wonder what is "Wheel" trying to do---take the fun away from the viewer.
BTW, I watched the Tuesday episode tonight (The show is viewed a day late due to "Monday Night Football") and the contestant who won the game was a terrific puzzle solver, yet she couldn't solve the bonus, which looked to me somewhat easy to solve.

cacLA8383

WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 12:40:39 AM »
[quote name=\'JohnTheGameMan\' date=\'Oct 5 2005, 11:16 PM\']I can't stand the new mystery round reveal.  It takes the suspense and fun out of that portion of the game.  I hope it doesn't stay on that long.  I just wonder what is "Wheel" trying to do---take the fun away from the viewer.
BTW, I watched the Tuesday episode tonight (The show is viewed a day late due to "Monday Night Football") and the contestant who won the game was a terrific puzzle solver, yet she couldn't solve the bonus, which looked to me somewhat easy to solve.
[snapback]98820[/snapback]
[/quote]

Um, ok. (falls asleep while reading this)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 03:06:32 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Oct 5 2005, 09:16 PM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Oct 5 2005, 10:09 PM\']I could have sworn that during The Tampax Jackpot Round one night not long ago
[snapback]98807[/snapback]
[/quote]
Was this a red-letter puzzle?

I'll be here all week.
[snapback]98819[/snapback]
[/quote]
I had a Trojan Jackpot Round just the other night.

WilliamPorygon

WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 04:59:54 AM »
- They've been editing out entire spins where they think they can get away with it for quite awhile now.  And their carelessness doing so has led to many incidents of jackpots mysteriously rising, letters magically appearing or prizes inexplicably ending up in someone's bank.

- So far this season there was one game with 7 regular puzzles plus the toss-ups and the bonus round.  Save for that, no game has gone past round 5, and most of them are still starting round 4 with the speed-up bell.

- I think the new mystery wedge reveal is a double-edged sword.  People want to know if the guy could have won the car/prize/whatever if he didn't go for it.  But on the other hand, it totally ruins the suspense if he does go for it.  I guess I'll just have to learn to look away from the screen for a few seconds when they reveal it.

Clay Zambo

WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 09:22:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Oct 5 2005, 10:09 PM\']In addition, does anyone like that what's behind the ?$1000? mystery space is revealed to the folks at home before the contestant decides whether to pick it up or not? Next will they be revealing the puzzle before the first spin to "make it more fun" for the audience? Classic Concentration tried that for a week or so during its run before it mercifully went the way of my virginity and the home audience sneak peek went away for good.
[/quote]

I'm just so glad I wasn't watching when you gave the home audience a sneak peek at your virginity...

(The mystery space reveal does seem silly, I'll admit.)
czambo@mac.com

HYHYBT

WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005, 04:15:05 PM »
[quote name=\'WilliamPorygon\' date=\'Oct 6 2005, 03:59 AM\']- They've been editing out entire spins where they think they can get away with it for quite awhile now.  And their carelessness doing so has led to many incidents of jackpots mysteriously rising, letters magically appearing or prizes inexplicably ending up in someone's bank.[/quote]
This may be a foolish question, but where, other than "final spins" that don't land on money, can they get away with editing out spins?

- I think the new mystery wedge reveal is a double-edged sword.  People want to know if the guy could have won the car/prize/whatever if he didn't go for it.  But on the other hand, it totally ruins the suspense if he does go for it.
[snapback]98824[/snapback]

Then they should reveal it afterwards.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2005, 04:17:17 PM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' date=\'Oct 16 2005, 03:15 PM\']This may be a foolish question, but where, other than "final spins" that don't land on money, can they get away with editing out spins?
[/quote]
"Portions not affecting gameplay have been edited......"
BTW welcome back...I forget your name...but I know that you were an oldtimer at ATGS.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 04:18:25 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

HYHYBT

WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2005, 05:12:20 PM »
That's what I mean. I can't think of any other spin that doesn't affect the game in some way. Either the contestant picks a correct letter, adding to the puzzle and their score, or they land on bankrupt or lose a turn or guess wrong, making it the next player's turn.

BTW welcome back...I forget your name...but I know that you were an oldtimer at ATGS.
Thanks! (My name's John Sergent, and I can't remember yours either but it's probably on the board someplace)
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Kevin Prather

WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2005, 05:34:32 PM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' date=\'Oct 16 2005, 02:12 PM\']
That's what I mean. I can't think of any other spin that doesn't affect the game in some way. Either the contestant picks a correct letter, adding to the puzzle and their score, or they land on bankrupt or lose a turn or guess wrong, making it the next player's turn.
[/quote]

Perhaps three wrong guesses in a row? That would bring control back to the original player.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
WHEEL! OF! FORTUNE!
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2005, 05:46:22 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Oct 16 2005, 02:34 PM\']Perhaps three wrong guesses in a row? That would bring control back to the original player.
[snapback]99676[/snapback]
[/quote]
Or any combination of three wrong guesses and Bankrupt or Lose A Turn spaces. With any of those, the state of the board does not change, so if three happen, as you said, they could chop that sequence out and nobody would be the wiser, since we don't see the Used Letter Screen and therefore have no idea what's been knocked off.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe