Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal US  (Read 3720 times)

NickS

Deal or No Deal US
« on: October 15, 2005, 08:15:38 PM »
From what I've read, DoND will supposedly be a midseason replacement on NBC.  Haven't seen anything else other than that, so take it for what it's worth.

joe_capitano

Deal or No Deal US
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 09:21:59 PM »
Old news. This has been the assumption from the start. The question is where to put it. Barring a major tank job elsewhere, my gut feeling is that NBC might place "DOND" at 8 PM Tuesday as the follow-on to "The Biggest Loser".

But, watch out. The "Friday Night Death Slot" awaits if the NBC brass sees something they don't like about this show.

itiparanoid13

Deal or No Deal US
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 12:31:54 AM »
Yeah, it'll either be, and this is the obvious here, a midseason or summer.  I'm still aiming for a quick summer run, much like what ABC did with YDKJ.  They are only taping 5 episodes as of now also.  They just had the contestant call last week, which, and somehow who has done these types of calls please correct me, I suppose mean taping would begin in November.  I would just love to know the elimination format and the host.  They say a celebrity host.  What their level of celebrity is making me wonder.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 11:21:42 AM by itiparanoid13 »

beatlefreak84

Deal or No Deal US
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 02:11:39 AM »
What their level of celebrity is makes me wonder.

"And it's time to play 'Deal or No Deal' with your host, Indian Extra #8 from 'Bonanza!'"

Okay, maybe not that bad, but I'll take that over somebody like (shudders at even thinking of the possibility) Chris Wylde, though I highly doubt he'd be given a show like this.

Then again, I never thought a football placekicker would ever be given a game show hosting job, and I was proven wrong...:)

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

NickS

Deal or No Deal US
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 07:03:33 AM »
[quote name=\'joe_capitano\' date=\'Oct 15 2005, 08:21 PM\']This has been the assumption from the start.
[snapback]99607[/snapback]
[/quote]

So, if I got and posted that the confirmation that it was being shelved again, you'd look foolish then, eh?  Don't assume -- that's why I will post "allegedly," etc., until it actually happens.

Honestly, all I was saying is that I read a confirmation that it was on the list of midseason replacements.  If you want to know where I got it from, feel free to PM me.

joe_capitano

Deal or No Deal US
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 10:41:35 PM »
Don't go flaming me, pal. Your statement was not news. Further, I can assume if I want when it's a fair one, as this is. So there.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 10:47:34 PM by joe_capitano »

Steve Gavazzi

Deal or No Deal US
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 10:52:12 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' date=\'Oct 16 2005, 07:03 AM\'][quote name=\'joe_capitano\' date=\'Oct 15 2005, 08:21 PM\']This has been the assumption from the start.
[/quote]

So, if I got and posted that the confirmation that it was being shelved again, you'd look foolish then, eh?
[snapback]99641[/snapback]
[/quote]

No more than you would.  Considerably less, in fact.

NickS

Deal or No Deal US
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 12:57:10 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Oct 16 2005, 09:52 PM\'][quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' date=\'Oct 16 2005, 07:03 AM\'][quote name=\'joe_capitano\' date=\'Oct 15 2005, 08:21 PM\']This has been the assumption from the start.
[/quote]

So, if I got and posted that the confirmation that it was being shelved again, you'd look foolish then, eh?
[snapback]99641[/snapback]
[/quote]

No more than you would.  Considerably less, in fact.
[snapback]99713[/snapback]
[/quote]

So wait -- your logic implies that you and Joe assume that the show's going on the air, and if I were to post something coming from the network that says otherwise that I would look foolish?  Come on.

Now, in retrospect, I should have posted that the information came from NBC, but (and after this I'm more than happy to take this to PM) don't tell me "it's not news," because to me, it is.  For the lack of game shows on the air right now, anything is better than nothing.  Why piss on someone that was just trying to spread information?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Deal or No Deal US
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 01:08:44 AM »
[quote name=\'joe_capitano\' date=\'Oct 15 2005, 06:21 PM\']Old news. This has been the assumption from the start.
[/quote]
It was? I was under the impression that it was gonna be on the fall schedule, myself. Or November sweeps or something.

Personally, I think this is a completely unneccessary flamefest. (And you know coming from me that's saying something.) 'Yaki posted what I found to be useful information and everyone's crawling up his ass? C'mon, people. I expect better.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 01:09:21 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

Deal or No Deal US
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 01:38:27 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 16 2005, 10:08 PM\']Personally, I think this is a completely unneccessary flamefest. (And you know coming from me that's saying something.) 'Yaki posted what I found to be useful information and everyone's crawling up his ass? C'mon, people. I expect better.
[snapback]99725[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thank you, Chris. I agree wholeheartedly.

BrandonFG

Deal or No Deal US
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 02:06:22 AM »
[quote name=\'joe_capitano\' date=\'Oct 16 2005, 09:41 PM\']Don't go flaming me, pal. Your statement was not news.
[snapback]99712[/snapback]
[/quote]

To me, it was. I've been wondering just when this show would actually premiere.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!