Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classroom Jeopardy!  (Read 3830 times)

TimK2003

Classroom Jeopardy!
« on: October 11, 2005, 09:19:11 PM »
I saw J! promote it's Classroom Jeopardy! edition tonight.  After seeing the short video description of the game, I had a coupla questions about it:

1)  Has anyone seen it in person, or has anyone bought it?  Reviews???

2)  Can the signalling/scoring devices be used for other games not associated with Classroom Jeopardy?  Or can these devices be used without a TV hookup?

3)  Does Classroom J! allow you to create your own questions and feed them into the system?

I have a couple of Educational Supply stores around here that probably sell it., but I wanted to see if it was worth the trip.

davemackey

Classroom Jeopardy!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 09:33:35 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Oct 11 2005, 09:19 PM\']I saw J! promote it's Classroom Jeopardy! edition tonight.  After seeing the short video description of the game, I had a coupla questions about it:

1)  Has anyone seen it in person, or has anyone bought it?  Reviews???

2)  Can the signalling/scoring devices be used for other games not associated with Classroom Jeopardy?  Or can these devices be used without a TV hookup?

3)  Does Classroom J! allow you to create your own questions and feed them into the system?

I have a couple of Educational Supply stores around here that probably sell it., but I wanted to see if it was worth the trip.
[snapback]99222[/snapback]
[/quote]
The answer to #3 is yes! You can create and load your own Jeopardy! games, geared to whatever you teach.

Over the summer I took a Microsoft Office in the Classroom class and one of the neat things I got was a PowerPoint template which simulated a Jeopardy! game complete with scorekeeping and the like. The only drawback is that the creator of the template used pictures of Alex Trebek to dress it up, and he got a C&D from Sony to knock it off.

DrBear

Classroom Jeopardy!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 11:07:15 AM »
That beats what we had in high school history class, where the teacher actually drew a J! board on the chalkboard and x'd out each category in turn.

(Not to brag, but we started the year with the class divided in half; by the end of the semester, it was me against the rest of the class.)
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

gameshowhost1

Classroom Jeopardy!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 12:25:58 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Oct 11 2005, 08:19 PM\']I saw J! promote it's Classroom Jeopardy! edition tonight.  After seeing the short video description of the game, I had a coupla questions about it:

1)  Has anyone seen it in person, or has anyone bought it?  Reviews???
Yes, I have the clone:  Host Your Own Jeopardy!
2)  Can the signalling/scoring devices be used for other games not associated with Classroom Jeopardy?  Or can these devices be used without a TV hookup?
The devices are connected to this game only and must have a TV hookup

3)  Does Classroom J! allow you to create your own questions and feed them into the system?
Yes.  For more information, go to educationalinsights.com
My son was at a conference and saw it and bought it for me.  It is fabulous and worth the price.

[snapback]99222[/snapback]
[/quote]

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Classroom Jeopardy!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowhost1\' date=\'Oct 12 2005, 09:25 AM\']
[snapback]99271[/snapback]
[/quote]
That just about says it all! :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com