Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Worst Obstacle Course run  (Read 4072 times)

LA the DJ

Worst Obstacle Course run
« on: October 13, 2005, 01:00:58 PM »
Today at noon GaS showed an FDD obstacle course run where the player got stuck at number three (Pick It). Is this the worst run ever? Or did someone ever get stuck sooner?

Obviously not counting the day one screwups and takes that didn't air.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

bandit_bobby

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 03:48:50 PM »
Actually, I do recall a sydnicated episode from 1988 where a team only completed one obstacle.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 07:23:27 PM »
What I wonder is if there was ever an instance where they forgot to put the flag in the obstacle. Hey, similar screw-ups have happened on other shows. *coughtpircough*

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 07:28:29 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Oct 13 2005, 06:23 PM\']What I wonder is if there was ever an instance where they forgot to put the flag in the obstacle. Hey, similar screw-ups have happened on other shows. *coughtpircough*
[snapback]99440[/snapback]
[/quote]

It happened on the first episode taped. The Obstacle was "Nightmare" (finding a flag in piles of pillow down) and the obstacle course taped three times before they got it right. (Take 1- Nobody put the flag in. Take 2- Marc thought the producer put the flag in and the producer thought Marc put the flag in. Take 3- The flag was in there and they forgot to start the clock. Take 4 finally got everything right.)

William_S.

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 10:15:30 PM »
Hoo boy, nothing worst than picking a giant nose just to find out they forgot to put a flag after the "Sneeze" display. Any way I do remember one time when one contestant got stuck in the ringer, that they actully atempted to get a stool.

ChuckNet

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 09:29:05 PM »
Take 3- The flag was in there and they forgot to start the clock

Not to mention that when the kids were heading to the 2nd obstacle, a cameraman got in the way and was knocked down, which ultimately caused the need for a retake.

But I digress...worst OC? I recall a 1st-season ep where one of the kids just couldn't get through the Wringer, and to make matters worse, it was the 2nd obstacle, so all they won was the 1st prize.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

HairMetalLives

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 01:11:20 AM »
On a 1992 "Family Double Dare" episode I have, the family got stuck on obstacle #2 which was -- everyone's favorite -- 'da Nose. Marc said to Doc to give them up to prize number three, but I don't know if they really got them or not.

I'll add something to this discussion. It's really a question, but...
Does anyone know what the fastest time on the course was? The fastest time I've seen it done in was a 1988 "Family Double Dare" in which the Fischler family did it with 17 seconds left on the clock.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 01:15:01 AM by HairMetalLives »

GS Warehouse

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 01:47:44 AM »
[quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Oct 19 2005, 12:11 AM\']Does anyone know what the fastest time on the course was? The fastest time I've seen it done in was a 1988 "Family Double Dare" in which the Fischler family did it with 17 seconds left on the clock.
[snapback]99889[/snapback]
[/quote]
As a DD afficienado back in the day, I can tell you that the Fischlers do hold the all-time record of 43 seconds.  The all-kids' record was :44, accomplished early in the first season.

As for the original question, I do recall one team in the '88 Fox version who got only one out of eight, spending 50 seconds at the nose to no avail.  One other kid from '86 couldn't negotiate the Sundae Slide in 50 seconds, but that obstacle was number 3.  FWIW, the most time I recall spent at the Wringer was 23 seconds, leading off a 4-for-8 run.

ObOldNick: Weinerville was just mentioned in another thread earlier tonight, so I dedicate this post, number 1350, to it.  (Pops charging $13.50 for everything was a running gag on that show.)  BTW, Marc Summers made a cameo in one episode.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 01:50:37 AM by GS Warehouse »