Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Beat The Clock questions  (Read 5847 times)

irismason42

Beat The Clock questions
« on: October 15, 2005, 08:59:20 PM »
Here are a couple of questions about BTC:

When the couple who won the most money at the end of the show, do they get all the remaining money on the cash board?
Hint: As you know by now, there were no returning champion couples on this version. And
At the end of the Friday episode, did Narz/Wood announces the next week's celebrity?

Adam Nedeff

Beat The Clock questions
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 12:27:46 AM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Oct 15 2005, 07:59 PM\']Here are a couple of questions about BTC:

When the couple who won the most money at the end of the show, do they get all the remaining money on the cash board?
Hint: As you know by now, there were no returning champion couples on this version. And
At the end of the Friday episode, did Narz/Wood announces the next week's celebrity?
[snapback]99605[/snapback]
[/quote]

No and no. And hint to what, exactly?

Steve_Bier

Beat The Clock questions
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 12:31:46 AM »
In order:

1: There was no money won by anybody. You are confused, so allow me to explain the object of "Beat the Clock". In BtC, the contestants had to literally beat a clock to death with a hammer. The winners got to keep the busted clock. The losers got to congratulate the winners.

2: Neither of them announced the following weeks celebs. Through the magic of immaculate conception, I, Steve Bier, was the announcer. And a pretty damn good one, too.

Hope this helps.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Beat The Clock questions
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 01:17:08 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve_Bier\' date=\'Oct 15 2005, 11:31 PM\']1: There was no money won by anybody. You are confused, so allow me to explain the object of "Beat the Clock". In BtC, the contestants had to literally beat a clock to death with a hammer. The winners got to keep the busted clock. The losers got to congratulate the winners.
[snapback]99620[/snapback]
[/quote]
Just like David Letterman's revival.  What are we playing for, Alan?

Beautiful.  :-)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Robert Hutchinson

Beat The Clock questions
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 04:45:33 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Oct 16 2005, 12:17 AM\']Just like David Letterman's revival.[/quote]

"It was NOTHING like Letterman's revival! The rules for that clearly stated that if you beat the clock, they stopped the clock, and that if you stopped the clock, they beat the clock.

"When did Letterman first play Beat the Clock, and did it air in Poughkeepsie?"
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

aaron sica

Beat The Clock questions
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 10:49:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve_Bier\' date=\'Oct 16 2005, 12:31 AM\']Hope this helps.
[snapback]99620[/snapback]
[/quote]

It doesn't. And that's not a flame at you, Steve.

The fact that he/she/it threw "hint:" in indicates that he/she/it already knows the answer, but in his/her/its weak grasp of the English language, he/she/it is trying to "quiz" us to see if we know.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 01:56:13 PM by aaron sica »

Steve_Bier

Beat The Clock questions
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 12:57:25 PM »
(We're on the set of BtC. Jack Narz and irismason42 are on stage. Jack is about to explain the rules of the game to him/her/it, but him/her/it is just not getting it...)

JACK: Jeez. Ok, look. I'll make this easy for you. Here's a hammer. Beat that clock over there with it, and you win.

IRISMASON42: (goes over to some guy in the audience, and nails him in the crotch with the hammer) "doiwin?doiwin?"

JACK: The name of the game is "Beat the Clock"!! Not "Beat the Co...", oh, never mind...SECURITY!!!!!!!!

(security drags Iris offstage, and sends him/her/it to the looney bin).

JACK: We'll be right back, after this break!! (Theme music plays, audience cheers)

GS Warehouse

Beat The Clock questions
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 02:09:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve_Bier\' date=\'Oct 16 2005, 11:57 AM\'](security drags Iris offstage, and sends him/her/it to the looney bin).
[snapback]99653[/snapback]
[/quote]
This forum existed in Jack Narz's day?

BTW, you're all wrong.  Everybody knows Beat the Clock is a game of definitions.

uncamark

Beat The Clock questions
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 06:24:04 PM »
Anyone wanna explain to Iris the concept of bicycling, or why Jack or Gene couldn't tell you who would be on next week?  Because I'm not.  :)

Steve_Bier

Beat The Clock questions
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 10:06:30 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Oct 17 2005, 05:24 PM\']Anyone wanna explain to Iris the concept of bicycling, or why Jack or Gene couldn't tell you who would be on next week?  Because I'm not.  :)
[snapback]99767[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oh, allow me...
--------------------

Dearest Iris,

The concept of bicycling is simple. All you have to do, is make sure that you are able to keep your balance. So long as you are able to do this, you will be able to propel said bicycle with the greatest of ease, and may even be able to remove the training wheels.

Jack and Gene could not tell you who was going to be on next week, because they were playing their own little game of "I've Got A Secret"...the secret being, of course, who would be on the following week.

Hope this helps.

Steve

ChuckNet

Beat The Clock questions
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 08:57:25 PM »
The concept of bicycling is simple. All you have to do, is make sure that you are able to keep your balance. So long as you are able to do this, you will be able to propel said bicycle with the greatest of ease, and may even be able to remove the training wheels.

Go pedal your sarcasm elsewhere, Steve. :-D

Chuck Donegan (The Comedic "Chuckie Baby")

Steve_Bier

Beat The Clock questions
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 06:14:06 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Oct 18 2005, 07:57 PM\']

Go pedal your sarcasm elsewhere, Steve. :-D

Chuck Donegan (The Comedic "Chuckie Baby")
[snapback]99860[/snapback]
[/quote]

(Rides away on his Schwin...)   :-)

GS Warehouse

Beat The Clock questions
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 06:37:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve_Bier\' date=\'Oct 19 2005, 05:14 PM\'][quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Oct 18 2005, 07:57 PM\']Go pedal your sarcasm elsewhere, Steve. :-D
[/quote]
[snapback]99939[/snapback]
[/quote]
[Steve's bicycle explodes]

I guess he's "gone with the Schwinn".
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 06:37:57 PM by GS Warehouse »

davemackey

Beat The Clock questions
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 07:23:56 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Oct 19 2005, 06:37 PM\'][quote name=\'Steve_Bier\' date=\'Oct 19 2005, 05:14 PM\'][quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Oct 18 2005, 07:57 PM\']Go pedal your sarcasm elsewhere, Steve. :-D
[/quote]
[/quote]

[snapback]99941[/snapback]
[/quote]
<wayne>Schwinn-g!</wayne>

Steve_Bier

Beat The Clock questions
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2005, 10:09:12 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Oct 19 2005, 05:37 PM\'][quote name=\'Steve_Bier\' date=\'Oct 19 2005, 05:14 PM\'][quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Oct 18 2005, 07:57 PM\']Go pedal your sarcasm elsewhere, Steve. :-D
[/quote]
[/quote]

[snapback]99941[/snapback]
[/quote]

Steve: (As he's flying through the air)...This will teach me to NEVER let irismason42 anywhere NEAR my property... :)