Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Put yourself in the producers chair...  (Read 9015 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Put yourself in the producers chair...
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2005, 02:17:17 AM »
have the sub be Rich Fields
"And now here is the star of The Price Is Right, Mr. Microphone!"

Doesn't Barker's contract say that he doesn't want a substitute host?
I don't know; I haven't read Barker's contract. SplitSecond, have you read Barker's contract? Matt? David? Randy? Lemon? Anyone here read Bob Barker's contract? Zach, put in a call to Galpin Ford. I want to speak to someone who's read Barker's contract.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2005, 02:19:46 AM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Oct 21 2005, 11:16 PM\']Get Bente Christensen to stop drinking on the job.

Or start drinking on the job.
[snapback]100082[/snapback]
[/quote]
Or take away her LSD.

(Legal disclaimer: It's a JOKE!)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 02:21:10 AM by chris319 »

SplitSecond

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 05:52:57 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Oct 22 2005, 11:19 PM\'][quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Oct 21 2005, 11:16 PM\']Get Bente Christensen to stop drinking on the job.

Or start drinking on the job.
[snapback]100082[/snapback]
[/quote]
Or take away her LSD.

(Legal disclaimer: It's a JOKE!)
[snapback]100172[/snapback]
[/quote]
I don't see how that disclaimer is at all necessary; she did go to school in San Francisco, after all.

gwarman2005

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 10:24:06 AM »
Bring back Professor Price.

DYosua

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2005, 11:03:23 AM »
I think I would hire a competent director.  There have been some awkward shots in the past couple years, but I don't think the camerawork has declined significantly.  It seems Bart lacks the split-second reflexes needed to direct a complexly-staged show like Price.  Someone more along the lines of a Marc Breslow or Paul Alter would be nice.

The Pyramids

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2005, 11:08:17 AM »
I wouldn't change anything. I'm in the happy minority that likes rotating models.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2005, 12:16:12 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Oct 23 2005, 11:08 AM\']I wouldn't change anything. I'm in the happy minority that likes rotating models.
[snapback]100189[/snapback]
[/quote]

So you're just gonna completely disregard the shitty-ass directing, huh?

CarShark

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2005, 12:28:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Oct 23 2005, 11:16 AM\']So you're just gonna completely disregard the shitty-ass directing, huh?[/quote]What's so bad about it? I must not be noticing what you guys are.

BrandonFG

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2005, 12:54:37 PM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' date=\'Oct 23 2005, 11:28 AM\'][quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Oct 23 2005, 11:16 AM\']So you're just gonna completely disregard the shitty-ass directing, huh?[/quote]What's so bad about it? I must not be noticing what you guys are.
[snapback]100198[/snapback]
[/quote]
Being a broadcasting grad, I notice it too, but it's a lot worse on say, Feud, than it is here (GAWD, do I hate Feud's camerawork--throws up). I don't like the fact that the show got rid of the turntable reveal for Plinko, just so they could get an extra shot of the contestant's reaction. They get enough excited reactions when they show the car. They went 2 decades without doing such a shot, why start now?

One change I DO like is how the camera gets a late shot of a happy contestant going right into the commercial.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 12:55:44 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

CarShark

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2005, 02:33:42 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Oct 23 2005, 11:54 AM\']I don't like the fact that the show got rid of the turntable reveal for Plinko, just so they could get an extra shot of the contestant's reaction.[/quote]I like the way it is now. I'd rather see a happy contestant's ministrations than a piece of wood any day. The whole thing looked so awkward to me.

Casey

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2005, 02:40:17 PM »
I would bring back the "arrow" shot during the showcase showdown.  It seems that there are too many camera switches (especially when a contestant rambles on about saying hello to the entire trailer park they live in) and you don't actually see the wheel at all until after it stops.  The show with the inset would seem to solve that problem.  I'd love to know why it was ditched.

CarShark

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2005, 02:48:10 PM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' date=\'Oct 23 2005, 01:40 PM\']It seems that there are too many camera switches (especially when a contestant rambles on about saying hello to the entire trailer park they live in) and you don't actually see the wheel at all until after it stops.[/quote]For a little while, they used the camera that was straight on the wheel and backed it up a bit to get the contestant in the shot.

The worst example of directing that I can remember was when Effie from Season 32 spun a dollar for $1000. She was saying hello to everyone at IP Papers, when Barker suddenly pointed to the wheel and said, "Look at this! You got a dollar!" So then there was a quick shot of the stopped wheel, which Effie immediately ran across. Quite disconcerting.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2005, 02:55:07 PM »
Bart has a nasty habit of not being on the right camera during a game's final, climactic price reveal, leaving the viewer to learn the outcome through sound effects.  It seems to happen particularly often in Grand Game.

And the current Plinko intro, with the harps playing continuously and that dinky graphic appearing on the screen, gets the game off to a slow start.  The old one, with the peppy music and the sign flipping around, set a nice, quick pace for what's supposed to be an exciting game.  (And I think it's well established by now that Bart getting rid of the sign didn't have anything to do with wanting to focus on the contestant's reaction.)

SamJ93

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2005, 03:02:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Oct 23 2005, 02:55 PM\'] (And I think it's well established by now that Bart getting rid of the sign didn't have anything to do with wanting to focus on the contestant's reaction.)
[snapback]100207[/snapback]
[/quote]

What was the real reason?  Mechanical problems?

--Sam
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2005, 05:23:42 PM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' date=\'Oct 23 2005, 03:02 PM\'][quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Oct 23 2005, 02:55 PM\'] (And I think it's well established by now that Bart getting rid of the sign didn't have anything to do with wanting to focus on the contestant's reaction.)
[snapback]100207[/snapback]
[/quote]

What was the real reason?  Mechanical problems?

--Sam
[snapback]100208[/snapback]
[/quote]

The real reason was "Bart's lazy."