Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC Deal or No Deal Clip  (Read 8332 times)

uncamark

ABC Deal or No Deal Clip
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 01:23:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Nov 3 2005, 01:21 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Nov 3 2005, 05:59 PM\']"Oca" was from Spain, but same difference.
[/quote]

There was also an Italian version, you know.

Yes, I was shocked that Italian shows would have scantily clad females in it too.
[snapback]101241[/snapback]
[/quote]

But they won't air "Rome" uncut, though.  Guess there's a difference between scantily clad women dancing and Polly Walker getting shtupped while she's naked.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
ABC Deal or No Deal Clip
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 02:06:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Nov 3 2005, 01:21 PM\']There was also an Italian version, you know.
[/quote]
Shhhh!  Don't tell Craig Karlberg.....
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Brig Bother

ABC Deal or No Deal Clip
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 04:33:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Nov 3 2005, 07:06 PM\'][quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Nov 3 2005, 01:21 PM\']There was also an Italian version, you know.
[/quote]
Shhhh!  Don't tell Craig Karlberg.....
[snapback]101251[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'd kill to see any sort of Oca after such a long time. If anyone would like to "Deal", I'm sure "The Bank" (me) will "reluctantly offer" (happily endeavour) "thousands of pounds for you to leave the show" (some episodes of things in return).

Our daytime big win record was smashed yesterday when a contestant dealed for £33,000. It turns out she was right on the money - had she carried on to the final round she'd have lost the lot.

cmjb13

ABC Deal or No Deal Clip
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 09:10:40 PM »
Having seen the rehearsal, the set is a combination of Millionaire, Weakest Link, and of all things TTTT90.

I'm not really a Howie fan, but I must admit he did a pretty good job with the format. He had me laughing quite a few times and knows what to say and exactly when to say it.

Having not yet seen a taping, I'll hold further comments. I don't know how much will change.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Matt Ottinger

ABC Deal or No Deal Clip
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2005, 08:56:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Nov 3 2005, 05:33 PM\']Our daytime big win record was smashed yesterday when a contestant dealed for £33,000. It turns out she was right on the money - had she carried on to the final round she'd have lost the lot.[/quote]
I know that the vast majority of our members are not going to be able to watch the UK version of DoND, but keep in mind that this sort of thing IS a spoiler for the few that can.  

This is not theoretical, I actually got a comment on it from a disppointed viewer.  He watches UK games off the UKNova website, but naturally fans don't always get the current episodes uploaded immediately.  While it may seem like a minor thing, let's be a wee bit more careful about including results here on the Big Board -- especially for a show like DoND, which only has the one result!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 09:03:57 AM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Brig Bother

ABC Deal or No Deal Clip
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2005, 09:06:33 AM »
Heh yes, sorry! Although only the first episode went up on UKNova, and I expect that number to tumble fairy quickly.

Brig Bother

ABC Deal or No Deal Clip
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2005, 11:05:34 AM »
I hioe this massive feature versions of ther show from around the world makes up for my transgrerssion.

Deal or No Deal Around the World.

If it doesn't: tough.

tvwxman

ABC Deal or No Deal Clip
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2005, 12:00:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Nov 5 2005, 11:05 AM\']I hioe this massive feature versions of ther show from around the world makes up for my transgrerssion.

Deal or No Deal Around the World.

If it doesn't: tough.
[snapback]101449[/snapback]
[/quote]

Good stuff, and thanks for the recap....

As i said previously, two distinct versions of a game mass-marketed around the world....Wonder why Endemol didn't go for a uniform look, like the Millionaire creators did when selling the game's rights?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Brig Bother

ABC Deal or No Deal Clip
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2005, 12:33:13 PM »
If you think about, there sort of is - a weekly version and a daily version.

I expect the only reason the Aussie version is the way it is is because their primetime version was successful enough to not warrant changing the format too much for daily play for fear of confusing viewers.

remlap

ABC Deal or No Deal Clip
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2005, 05:34:04 PM »
If anyone has access to UKnova there are 2 episodes of deal or no deal to download on torrent one beeing the first episode

Also if anyone cares the first episode of Countdown hosted by Des Lynam.