Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shop 'Til You Drop  (Read 5835 times)

gsfan85

Shop 'Til You Drop
« on: November 08, 2005, 08:30:11 AM »
Hey everyone,

Did new episodes of Shop 'Til You Drop begin this fall?  Season 1 and 2 of the J.D. era really doesn't look too different, so I figured I'd see if maybe these were new shows now.

If anyone knows, it would be great.
Thanks,
Adam

zachhoran

Shop 'Til You Drop
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 09:02:59 AM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Nov 8 2005, 08:30 AM\']Hey everyone,

Did new episodes of Shop 'Til You Drop begin this fall?  Season 1 and 2 of the J.D. era really doesn't look too different, so I figured I'd see if maybe these were new shows now.

[snapback]101701[/snapback]
[/quote]

I saw JD Roberto hosting Atlantic City's run at TPIR Live on September 12th(co-hosted by a certain member of this board whose initials are RW), and JD mentioned STYD would have new episodes this Fall.

uncamark

Shop 'Til You Drop
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 12:31:27 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 8 2005, 08:02 AM\'][quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Nov 8 2005, 08:30 AM\']Hey everyone,

Did new episodes of Shop 'Til You Drop begin this fall?  Season 1 and 2 of the J.D. era really doesn't look too different, so I figured I'd see if maybe these were new shows now.

[/quote]

I saw JD Roberto hosting Atlantic City's run at TPIR Live on September 12th(co-hosted by a certain member of this board whose initials are RW), and JD mentioned STYD would have new episodes this Fall.
[snapback]101704[/snapback]
[/quote]

The contract for "The Rory and Wendy Show" allowing.

tvrandywest

Shop 'Til You Drop
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 02:12:32 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 8 2005, 06:02 AM\']I saw JD Roberto hosting Atlantic City's run at TPIR Live on September 12th(co-hosted by a certain member of this board whose initials are RW), and JD mentioned STYD would have new episodes this Fall.
[/quote]
JD told RW the new eps of STYD have been in the can for a while. And he told me that when we were in the can!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Brandon Brooks

Shop 'Til You Drop
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 10:21:14 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 8 2005, 09:02 AM\'][quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Nov 8 2005, 08:30 AM\']Hey everyone,

[/quote]

[/quote]
Oh, god.... why?  They choose to let go of SS, Balderdash and Cover to Cover and they make new episodes of that caca?

Brandon Brooks

zachhoran

Shop 'Til You Drop
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 10:59:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Nov 8 2005, 10:21 PM\']
Oh, god.... why?  They choose to let go of SS, Balderdash and Cover to Cover and they make new episodes of that caca STYD?

Brandon Brooks
[snapback]101768[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's cheap to produce, and PAX needs shows that are cheap to produce. PAX has to get some credit for taking a chance on new traditional game shows, something we've seen less of from larger networks these days.

BrandonFG

Shop 'Til You Drop
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 11:23:05 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 8 2005, 10:59 PM\']It's cheap to produce, and PAX needs shows that are cheap to produce. PAX has to get some credit for taking a chance on new traditional game shows, something we've seen less of from larger networks these days.
[snapback]101775[/snapback]
[/quote]
Balderdash I could understand with the celebrities, but could On the Cover be any more expensive than STYD?

I don't think any of the shows gave away cash, but for the most part, OTC's "prizes" was stuff from the Time Life music/video library and the bonus trip. Prize budget was prolly, what, $2,000 an episode? Hell, STYD's bonus round is more than that just from the prizes the contestants run around to pick up, not counting the trip they offer.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

tvrandywest

Shop 'Til You Drop
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 02:29:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Nov 8 2005, 07:21 PM\']Oh, god.... why?  They choose to let go of SS, Balderdash and Cover to Cover and they make new episodes of that caca?
[snapback]101768[/snapback]
[/quote]
Check my earlier post. These episodes were in the can. There's been no new production.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Brandon Brooks

Shop 'Til You Drop
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 08:41:16 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Nov 9 2005, 02:29 AM\']Check my earlier post. These episodes were in the can. There's been no new production.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]101794[/snapback]
[/quote]
Oops.

Brandon Brooks