Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel bag  (Read 2627 times)

BrandonFG

Wheel bag
« on: May 10, 2006, 09:47:25 AM »
A few months ago, one of our station's anchors did extensive coverage of his trip to the Wheel set (which another member posted a clip of). The anchor brought back several gift bags, some of which we gave to viewers, and others he gave to station staff, including me.

My question: does anyone know if they give these bags to contestants or audience members? Mine is blue (there was also a red and yellow one---gee, I wonder why?!?!?!), and inside is a navy blue T-shirt with a small Wheel logo where a breast pocket would go (heh-heh-breast), a keychain made to look like a miniature wheel, a baseball cap w/the show logo, and an ink pen, also with the show logo. I defer to any of our former contestants, or anyone whose seen the show in person. Thanks in advance.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

cmjb13

Wheel bag
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 10:00:21 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'118133\' date=\'May 10 2006, 09:47 AM\']
My question: does anyone know if they give these bags to contestants or audience members? Mine is blue (there was also a red and yellow one---gee, I wonder why?!?!?!), and inside is a navy blue T-shirt with a small Wheel logo where a breast pocket would go (heh-heh-breast), a keychain made to look like a miniature wheel, a baseball cap w/the show logo, and an ink pen, also with the show logo. I defer to any of our former contestants, or anyone whose seen the show in person. Thanks in advance.
[/quote]
From my recollection seeing the show last year, they do raffle off some merchandise. They distributed tickets with numbers on them. When the number was called, you had a choice of some items, 2 of which I think were a shirt and a hat. There was also a raffle for a tote bag (which you may be referring to), which contained some other items.

They also distributed little packets of what looked to be fruit juice to the audience. Although, I don't know if it was because there were a lot of kids from a school present that day.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 10:01:12 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

vtown7

Wheel bag
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 10:36:41 AM »
These are usually given out at tryouts IIRC... at mine I won a keychain but there were bags and other logoed things going around as well.

R.

Timsterino

Wheel bag
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 11:47:36 PM »
They don't give them to contestants at the studio (at least I did not get one) but they can be won at the Wheelmobile event and subsequent audition for solving puzzles.

I ended up winning the same bag you are speaking of when I answered a WOF trivia question on the local ABC affiliate when the Wheelmobile was in town last year.

Tim :-) (two and a half weeks to showtime)