Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feud begins to spawn again...  (Read 5268 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Feud begins to spawn again...
« on: November 16, 2005, 02:14:59 PM »
Well, everybody's probably heard the news by now. Family Fortunes and the Australian Family Feud are going to be coming back to the air quite soon.  Mind you, when I read the article concerning the new Aussie host, it slated Feud having two families of FOUR, meaning we may see some other gameplay differences. Who will have the better verison?

Let the speculation begin.....
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 02:35:24 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' date=\'Nov 16 2005, 11:14 AM\']Mind you, when I read the article concerning the new Aussie host, it slated Feud having two families of FOUR, meaning we may see some other gameplay differences. Who will have the better verison?
[/quote]
OMG not FOUR.

'Cuz the Dawson version in 1994 was so different from the rest....
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 02:58:09 PM »
Okay, so I may be overreacting from that. I just hope that we don't see any Feud '99 antics.

Then again, when's the last time Australia has messed up a good show?

Now I'm reassured.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 03:23:12 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' date=\'Nov 16 2005, 11:58 AM\']Then again, when's the last time Australia has messed up a good show?
[snapback]102400[/snapback]
[/quote]
That would be Wheel Of Fortune, Bob. :)

Stackertosh

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 03:47:49 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 16 2005, 03:23 PM\'][quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' date=\'Nov 16 2005, 11:58 AM\']Then again, when's the last time Australia has messed up a good show?
[snapback]102400[/snapback]
[/quote]
That would be Wheel Of Fortune, Bob. :)
[snapback]102404[/snapback]
[/quote]

how did they messed up wheel of fortune?

and vh1 gameshow special had a clip of aussle Feud and it had four family members.

anyone who cares heres an article about uk family fued

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/entertai...y_fortunes.html

and aussle fued
http://entertainment.news.com.au/story/0,1...4-10229,00.html
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 08:47:09 PM by Stackertosh »

nbcburbank

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 05:04:42 PM »
[/quote]
OMG not FOUR.

'Cuz the Dawson version in 1994 was so different from the rest....
[snapback]102393[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree Charlie. Four people changed the dynamics of the Game on Feud 94. It would be like The Price Is Right with Three people in contestants row or only two contestants on Jeopardy. It wouldn't seem right. Also remember Charlie that Feud 94 only lasted one season, but every other version of Feud with 5 contestants has lasted at least 6 seasons. There might be more to having 5 contestants than one may think.

clemon79

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 05:13:50 PM »
[quote name=\'nbcburbank\' date=\'Nov 20 2005, 02:04 PM\']I agree Charlie. Four people changed the dynamics of the Game on Feud 94. It would be like The Price Is Right with Three people in contestants row or only two contestants on Jeopardy. It wouldn't seem right. Also remember Charlie that Feud 94 only lasted one season, but every other version of Feud with 5 contestants has lasted at least 6 seasons. There might be more to having 5 contestants than one may think.
[snapback]102690[/snapback]
[/quote]
Holy wow. Between "Charlie", his apparent inability to recognize sarcasm, and this ridiculous assertion, I am struck utterly speechless.

(I'll even spot him the inability to quote correctly.)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 05:14:27 PM by clemon79 »

Kevin Prather

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 05:21:59 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 20 2005, 03:13 PM\']Holy wow. Between "Charlie", his apparent inability to recognize sarcasm, and this ridiculous assertion, I am struck utterly speechless.

[snapback]102691[/snapback]
[/quote]

Luckily your fingers still work, eh Chuck? ;-)

nbcburbank

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 05:22:54 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 20 2005, 05:13 PM\'][quote name=\'nbcburbank\' date=\'Nov 20 2005, 02:04 PM\']I agree Charlie. Four people changed the dynamics of the Game on Feud 94. It would be like The Price Is Right with Three people in contestants row or only two contestants on Jeopardy. It wouldn't seem right. Also remember Charlie that Feud 94 only lasted one season, but every other version of Feud with 5 contestants has lasted at least 6 seasons. There might be more to having 5 contestants than one may think.
[snapback]102690[/snapback]
[/quote]
Holy wow. Between "Charlie", his apparent inability to recognize sarcasm, and this ridiculous assertion, I am struck utterly speechless.

(I'll even spot him the inability to quote correctly.)
[snapback]102691[/snapback]
[/quote]

You are struck utterly speechless??? Then there is a GOD.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 06:02:04 PM »
[quote name=\'nbcburbank\' date=\'Nov 20 2005, 05:22 PM\']  You are struck utterly speechless??? Then there is a GOD.
[snapback]102693[/snapback]
[/quote]
Please stop.

Brandon Brooks

clemon79

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 06:02:45 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Nov 20 2005, 02:21 PM\']Luckily your fingers still work, eh Chuck? ;-)
[snapback]102692[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well, one does, anyhow. Guess which one? :)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 06:09:34 PM »
[quote name=\'nbcburbank\' date=\'Nov 20 2005, 05:22 PM\']You are struck utterly speechless??? Then there is a GOD.
[/quote]
Some friendly advice:

It appears you are a "newbie".  It's not a good idea to split hairs with board veterans...you'll come off as an idiot, and will subsequently be ignored by people who can help you.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Kevin Prather

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 06:22:34 PM »
In Burbank's defense, is it possible that his comment might have been in jest? I think I said something along the lines of what he said, and it was quite clearly a joke.

Then again, maybe he IS a moxy-freak newbie wanting to start problems. I don't know.

clemon79

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2005, 06:58:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Nov 20 2005, 03:09 PM\']It appears you are a "newbie".  It's not a good idea to split hairs with board veterans...you'll come off as an idiot, and will subsequently be ignored by people who can help you.
[snapback]102697[/snapback]
[/quote]
Mark, you keep going to this well, and it keeps coming off sounding wrong. Because it is.

By your definition, people like Zach Horan or Thad Dixon (two people who have been around this scene longer than you, I'll point out) are worthy of being looked to for direction.

It has nothing to do with being new, and everything to do with being clueless.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2005, 08:21:33 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Nov 20 2005, 06:22 PM\']In Burbank's defense, is it possible that his comment might have been in jest? I think I said something along the lines of what he said, and it was quite clearly a joke.[/quote]

There are good ways and bad ways to attempt a joke that would have to be as subtle as that one is, if it is a joke. There are good ways and bad ways to react when everyone doesn't see it as a joke.

Unless nbcburbank is the reincarnation of Andy Kaufman, I think I know where this particular situation stands.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin