Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel cars  (Read 5280 times)

tmq800

Wheel cars
« on: November 17, 2005, 01:29:28 AM »
Last week on Wheel, I saw Vanna modeling a Nissan 350Z Enthusiast Roadster, yet when they cut to an action shot of the car, the model is a 350Z Touring Roadster.  Since the crew spent time shooting the prize cars, can't they show the interior and the rear, rather than have a video shot of a 'Z' zooming?  They did that with a Mustang Convertible shot on New Orleans' famed Bourbon Street five years ago.

Nowadays, the Wheel folks use snippets of cars in motion to enhance the prize descriptions.  But shouldn't the cars shown on stage match the pics shown in the video?  Like a few weeks ago, a new 2006 Explorer XLT was on stage, but in the prize description, they show a new 2006 Explorer with Eddie Bauer trim!  I miss the days when the Wheel car was on a turntable, and the interior was really shown.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Wheel cars
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 10:36:45 AM »
Oh. My. God.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Wheel cars
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 10:58:21 AM »
[quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 02:29 AM\']Last week on Wheel, I saw Vanna modeling a Nissan 350Z Enthusiast Roadster, yet when they cut to an action shot of the car, the model is a 350Z Touring Roadster.  Since the crew spent time shooting the prize cars, can't they show the interior and the rear, rather than have a video shot of a 'Z' zooming?  They did that with a Mustang Convertible shot on New Orleans' famed Bourbon Street five years ago.

Nowadays, the Wheel folks use snippets of cars in motion to enhance the prize descriptions.  But shouldn't the cars shown on stage match the pics shown in the video?
[snapback]102463[/snapback]
[/quote]

More importantly, why should anybody care?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

tmq800

Wheel cars
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »
Wheel has been staying away from cars that cost $50,000 or more.  Does this mean TPIR will be the only game show giving away Corvettes?

Chelsea Thrasher

Wheel cars
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 12:34:35 PM »
[quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 10:15 AM\']Wheel has been staying away from cars that cost $50,000 or more.  Does this mean TPIR will be the only game show giving away Corvettes?
[snapback]102489[/snapback]
[/quote]

Interesting....(Golden Road gets played) Oh wait THEY DO.

Wow.

jmangin

Wheel cars
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 12:45:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 01:34 PM\'][quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 10:15 AM\']Wheel has been staying away from cars that cost $50,000 or more.  Does this mean TPIR will be the only game show giving away Corvettes?
[/quote]

Interesting....(Golden Road gets played) Oh wait THEY DO.

Wow.
[snapback]102492[/snapback]
[/quote]

Isn't that what he just said?  TPiR is the only show that gives away Corvettes.

wheelloon

Wheel cars
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 01:52:08 PM »
[quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 12:15 PM\']Wheel has been staying away from cars that cost $50,000 or more.  Does this mean TPIR will be the only game show giving away Corvettes?
[/quote]

First off, the Dodge Vipers are the most common car I've seen on TPIR that costs more than $50k (even though I wouldn't pay $10k for one of them myself...), not Corvettes. Plus, I thought Wheel just had a Corvette as one of their bonus prizes within the past couple of weeks, and its price not being close to $50k...

About using different cars. The scenes where Vanna is modeling the cars outside the studio are taped usually when WOF is on the road, and many times months before they are first shown. Cars change, styles change, sometimes many times within a model year. I'm a WHEEL LOON, anybody here can vouch for that ;), but as far as I'm concerned, it's not a big problem, because if I don't like a specific car in one style or trim, I won't like it in another. Wheel still gives away BMW's (my fav), Mercedes, sports car and the such, and some days, they give away 2 cars in one show. I'm not complaining at all...

A contestant who wins a car on the show DOESN'T win the specific car shown on stage. They go to a dealership and get it in whatever color they want with whatever extra features they want and so on and so forth... From a wheel watcher's standpoint, it's not a big deal, and from a contestant's standpoint, it shouldn't matter because of the fact that they can tweak the car to just how they like it, and just the fact that they JUST WON A CAR!

I'm not trying to insult anybody with this, just trying to explain my theory behind it, and why I don't really think it's a big deal. I'm more worried about when they'll bring back returning champions then what colors the cars are, just as long as they CONTINUE to give away cars on the show. :)
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

cacLA8383

Wheel cars
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 07:35:08 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 01:52 PM\'][quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 12:15 PM\']Wheel has been staying away from cars that cost $50,000 or more.  Does this mean TPIR will be the only game show giving away Corvettes?
[/quote]

I'm not trying to insult anybody with this, just trying to explain my theory behind it, and why I don't really think it's a big deal. I'm more worried about when they'll bring back returning champions then what colors the cars are, just as long as they CONTINUE to give away cars on the show. :)
[snapback]102497[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, what's really insulting is that you had to add on to this nonsense to begin with.

tmq800

Wheel cars
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 08:03:35 PM »
Wheel last gave away Corvettes in 2004.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 08:26:02 PM by tmq800 »

cacLA8383

Wheel cars
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 08:07:59 PM »
I thought Wheel just had a Corvette as one of their bonus prizes within the past couple of weeks.

Wheel last gave away 2 Corvettes in 2004.

There are some of us here who can care less about that anyway. Also, next time, learn how to quote someone properly. *rolls eyes*

Chelsea Thrasher

Wheel cars
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 09:49:56 PM »
...And sadly I misread the original post to read "does this mean TPiR will start giving away Corvettes"

After awhile, one just starts to expect the worst...
---
ObCommonSense: I genuinely do not see what the big freaking whoop is if they show a...I don't know....sports model in a clip, while having a...I don't know...gravy model onstage.   At the end of the day, if this is the worst thing that someone can find to complain about, then...just...wow.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 09:52:40 PM by Seth Thrasher »

BrandonFG

Wheel cars
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 10:13:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 09:49 PM\']...And sadly I misread the original post to read "does this mean TPiR will start giving away Corvettes"

After awhile, one just starts to expect the worst...
---
ObCommonSense: I genuinely do not see what the big freaking whoop is if they show a...I don't know....sports model in a clip, while having a...I don't know...gravy model onstage.   At the end of the day, if this is the worst thing that someone can find to complain about, then...just...wow.
[snapback]102536[/snapback]
[/quote]
Exactly...unless you're Jay Leno or something, who the hell is gonna notice the difference between the Enthusiast and Touring Roadster? Hell, I didn't even know there WAS more than one type of 350Z...they're all "Z" cars to me.

My car comes in a variety of styles, and except for the options offered, I'll be damned if I could tell you what else is different.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Casey

Wheel cars
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 04:56:15 PM »
And I thought maybe there would be one thread on this board where someone wasn't bashed for something..... the search continues.

BrandonFG

Wheel cars
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 05:30:48 PM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' date=\'Nov 19 2005, 04:56 PM\']And I thought maybe there would be one thread on this board where someone wasn't bashed for something..... the search continues.
[snapback]102650[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm sorry, but spare me...please. I admit that the threads do get heated for no reason, and yes it's annoying. But the only thing that annoys me more is when someone starts whining about the "bashing" or that it's like ATGS...esp. when they try to be so clever about it. Even with the heated debates, this place is still leaps and bounds above ATGS. Find me a message board that's the Land of Milk and Honey and I'll find you a bridge for sale.

When you make about something 9 out of 10 people would never notice...it's a pretty good chance you'll get some backlash.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 05:33:52 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

aaron sica

Wheel cars
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2005, 05:39:03 PM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' date=\'Nov 19 2005, 04:56 PM\']And I thought maybe there would be one thread on this board where someone wasn't bashed for something..... the search continues.
[snapback]102650[/snapback]
[/quote]

If TMQ is involved in the thread, you can all but guarantee there will be bashing.