Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal to air in December!  (Read 11711 times)

Craig Karlberg

Deal or No Deal to air in December!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 05:09:09 AM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' date=\'Nov 22 2005, 02:38 AM\']FYI, the fifth show will be aired that Friday... so now there'll be the whole week's worth of shows at 8p/7p Central.  One note -- scheduling is always subject to change.
[snapback]102849[/snapback]
[/quote]

That answers my question as to what the 5th episode's slot is.  Now, I just hope NBC doesn't blantly "cancel" the show after a couple airings.  I certainly DON'T want a repeat of My Kind of Town.  Sheeesh!

zachhoran

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 08:51:16 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Nov 22 2005, 05:09 AM\']
I certainly DON'T want a repeat of My Kind of Town.  Sheeesh!
[snapback]102853[/snapback]
[/quote]

There are people in Egg Harbor City, NJ, who would like to see their town's appearance on My Kind of Town, Karlberg. Other than that.....

tvwxman

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 09:08:01 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 22 2005, 08:51 AM\'][quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Nov 22 2005, 05:09 AM\']
I certainly DON'T want a repeat of My Kind of Town.  Sheeesh!
[snapback]102853[/snapback]
[/quote]

There are people in Egg Harbor City, NJ, who would like to see their town's appearance on My Kind of Town, Karlberg. Other than that.....
[snapback]102868[/snapback]
[/quote]

Some of us, who actually appeared in an unaired episode, would also like to see the show return. Word from ABC is that is has NOT been officially cancelled...though i'd bet we'll never see it return.

Back on subject, don't go speaking for the rest of us, junior.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

MCArroyo1

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 03:37:03 PM »
Great to hear they're airing the fifth episode, but in all honesty I can't see the show doing too well.  It'll depend on how much publicity it can get in the days beforehand.

StevensM

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 04:36:41 PM »
The official web site for Deal or No Deal is now up.
NBC.com > Deal or No Deal

The set, from what I can see, looks nice.  Also note that the board with the briefcase values is shown on the site.

The site also confirms that the show will indeed be airing December 19-23 (five nights).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2005, 05:07:36 PM »
Nice! Howie totally has the George Gray thing going on there. If he can pull it off as well as George did on TWL, I will be very impressed indeed.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brig Bother

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2005, 06:47:23 PM »
That's actually a very generous money ladder. Not many versions that go up to a million have a 750,000 case (dropping rather dramatically from 1m to 500k), and I like that addition because there's still something really powerful on the board if the million disappears.

clemon79

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2005, 06:56:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Nov 23 2005, 03:47 PM\']That's actually a very generous money ladder. Not many versions that go up to a million have a 750,000 case (dropping rather dramatically from 1m to 500k), and I like that addition because there's still something really powerful on the board if the million disappears.
[snapback]103022[/snapback]
[/quote]
It strikes me as almost too much, though. Espeically because the entire left side of the board is less than $1000. The feel I get is that they are more interested in producing big winners than they are an interesting and compelling game, and this is a game that needs all the help it can get in that department.

I still have high hopes, and I hope to happily eat those words when I see it, but it will be interesting to see how the payouts on this test run shake down.

Brig Bother

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2005, 05:04:47 AM »
Mmm.

The interesting upside is that the drops are going to be that much bigger. The odds that you're going to have a case with more than $100,000 in it are "only" one in three (slightly less than, in fact) suggests that, well, your luck is going to run out sometime. The only value you're guaranteed not to wipe out is the one in your briefcase after all.

NickS

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2005, 09:16:16 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 23 2005, 06:56 PM\'][quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Nov 23 2005, 03:47 PM\']That's actually a very generous money ladder. Not many versions that go up to a million have a 750,000 case (dropping rather dramatically from 1m to 500k), and I like that addition because there's still something really powerful on the board if the million disappears.
[snapback]103022[/snapback]
[/quote]
It strikes me as almost too much, though. Espeically because the entire left side of the board is less than $1000. The feel I get is that they are more interested in producing big winners than they are an interesting and compelling game, and this is a game that needs all the help it can get in that department.

I still have high hopes, and I hope to happily eat those words when I see it, but it will be interesting to see how the payouts on this test run shake down.
[snapback]103023[/snapback]
[/quote]

True, but if you look at how the payouts for the Netherlands and the UK are concerned, it falls within the range.  I mean, the Dutch goes to 5M Euro (about $6M) -- and 1 and 3M are with that as well.  Also, depending on how Howie can lead them along and the bank's offers, the payout might be smaller.

That's just my .02 from what I've seen.

byrd62

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2005, 10:16:34 AM »
NBC carried a DoND promo during their telecast of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which always draws more viewers than most primetime shows on Thanksgiving week.  In this promo, Howie asks-- "$1 million...or 1 penny...one question....Deal or No Deal?"
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 10:18:31 AM by byrd62 »

tvwxman

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2005, 11:43:46 AM »
[quote name=\'byrd62\' date=\'Nov 24 2005, 10:16 AM\']NBC carried a DoND promo during their telecast of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which always draws more viewers than most primetime shows on Thanksgiving week.  In this promo, Howie asks-- "$1 million...or 1 penny...one question....Deal or No Deal?"
[snapback]103067[/snapback]
[/quote]

Looked good. VERY dramatic. Though I don't like 26 models holding the briefcases....I would rather it be done by other contestants, playing for bonus prizes for identifiying whats in their briefcases....
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

byrd62

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2005, 03:48:28 PM »
Given the way US DoND is conceived to be more "brain-dead" than its other versions, I suspect they're going for the "eye candy" rather than let the contestants hold the cases.

clemon79

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2005, 04:16:41 PM »
[quote name=\'byrd62\' date=\'Nov 24 2005, 12:48 PM\']Given the way US DoND is conceived to be more "brain-dead" than its other versions, I suspect they're going for the "eye candy" rather than let the contestants hold the cases.
[snapback]103092[/snapback]
[/quote]
That's pretty obvious. Also it saves the prize budget some money since it removes the guessing-game-for-a-nominal-prize thing.

Brig Bother

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2005, 04:35:03 PM »
But they get models to open the cases in various South American versions as well.

Although they've recently changed it so that although they still open them, the losing contestants can now make guesses.