Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sitting in for Larry King tonight...  (Read 3403 times)

brianhenke

Sitting in for Larry King tonight...
« on: November 18, 2005, 10:58:43 PM »
That 's right, Meredith Vieira guest hosted Larry King Live tonight. She had Teri Garr on.

How many other GS hosts have subbed for Larry? I know Pat Sajak did (which led to a short-lived Fox News weekend show).

Brian

The Jehovah's Witnesses distribute Mad magazine?
The leaves start to change color in May?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 02:04:03 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Nov 18 2005, 11:58 PM\']That 's right, Meredith Vieira guest hosted Larry King Live tonight. She had Teri Garr on.

How many other GS hosts have subbed for Larry? I know Pat Sajak did (which led to a short-lived Fox News weekend show).
[snapback]102615[/snapback]
[/quote]

Money's on none, and I'm sure Meredith didn't get picked because she was a game show host.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

cmjb13

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 03:39:12 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Nov 19 2005, 02:04 PM\'][quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Nov 18 2005, 11:58 PM\']That 's right, Meredith Vieira guest hosted Larry King Live tonight. She had Teri Garr on.

[/quote]

Money's on none, and I'm sure Meredith didn't get picked because she was a game show host.
[snapback]102642[/snapback]
[/quote]
Pay up.

Ryan Seacrest filled in very recently.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Don Howard

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 11:42:41 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Nov 18 2005, 10:58 PM\']That 's right, Meredith Vieira guest hosted Larry King Live tonight. She had Teri Garr on.
[/quote]
Had her on what?
And now, back to our topic. In a way.
I recall Alex Trebek subbing for Charles Gibson on Good Morning America for a week during the summer of 1994. Wonder if perhaps he'll sub-host for The Suspendered Wonder one day.

There were actually people inside those drones in Silent Running?

We want more (STILL!) Bruce Dern and voice of Joseph Campanella questions.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 11:46:34 PM by Don Howard »

zachhoran

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 07:37:53 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Nov 19 2005, 11:42 PM\'][quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Nov 18 2005, 10:58 PM\']That 's right, Meredith Vieira guest hosted Larry King Live tonight. She had Teri Garr on.
[/quote]
Had her on what?
And now, back to our topic. In a way.
I recall Alex Trebek subbing for Charles Gibson on Good Morning America for a week during the summer of 1994.

[snapback]102672[/snapback]
[/quote]

Jim Peck subbed for David Hartman on GMA early in that show's run. When Alex was on GMA that week in 1994, he had a segment with Jim Lange, Peter Marshall and Gene Rayburn as the guests.