Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR...  (Read 4105 times)

remlap

TPiR...
« on: January 20, 2006, 08:17:14 AM »
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds28263.html

Hes taped a pilot which was a success from what ive been told, this is the first time in 17 years a daily version of TPiR has aired here, and its possibly going to be a one hour show since normally one show airs at 5pm and thats it for the hour so thats a first in 18 years to.

StevensM

TPiR...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 01:07:49 PM »
Cool.  I hadn't heard that The Price is Right was returning over there.  I had thought the Bruce Forsyth version was daily, but evidently I was wrong.

I knew Family Fortunes was coming back in the UK, but…Vernon Kay hosting?  That should be interesting, considering I didn't think him the "Family Feud/Fortunes" type when he hosted "Hit Me Baby 1 More Time" over here this summer.  I hope he's talented enough to adjust to that type of show and do well as host.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 01:09:21 PM by StevensM »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPiR...
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 01:50:07 PM »
[quote name=\'StevensM\' date=\'Jan 20 2006, 10:07 AM\']I knew Family Fortunes was coming back in the UK, but…Vernon Kay hosting?  That should be interesting, considering I didn't think him the "Family Feud/Fortunes" type when he hosted "Hit Me Baby 1 More Time" over here this summer.  I hope he's talented enough to adjust to that type of show and do well as host.
[snapback]108150[/snapback]
[/quote]
He was so wooden doing HMBOMT that he should have received a certificate of recognition from the National Furniture Builders Foundation. I would like very much to be surprised, but I can see that being VERY ugly.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

TPiR...
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 02:36:14 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 20 2006, 12:50 PM\'][quote name=\'StevensM\' date=\'Jan 20 2006, 10:07 AM\']I knew Family Fortunes was coming back in the UK, but…Vernon Kay hosting?  That should be interesting, considering I didn't think him the "Family Feud/Fortunes" type when he hosted "Hit Me Baby 1 More Time" over here this summer.  I hope he's talented enough to adjust to that type of show and do well as host.
[snapback]108150[/snapback]
[/quote]
He was so wooden doing HMBOMT that he should have received a certificate of recognition from the National Furniture Builders Foundation. I would like very much to be surprised, but I can see that being VERY ugly.
[snapback]108152[/snapback]
[/quote]

But he did sound like he could easily scream--and get ready, folks, because here it comes--"I'M GOING TO DOUBLE THE POINTS!"  One would think that the folks at Thames TalkBack would have some idea on how to do the show without assistance from FremantleMedia North America, but probably not.

What's Joe Pasquale's background?  I almost confused him with Joe Dolce of "Shaddap You Face" fame, but came to my senses and remembered the right name.

remlap

TPiR...
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 05:09:07 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 20 2006, 08:36 PM\']But he did sound like he could easily scream--and get ready, folks, because here it comes--"I'M GOING TO DOUBLE THE POINTS!"  One would think that the folks at Thames TalkBack would have some idea on how to do the show without assistance from FremantleMedia North America, but probably not.
[snapback]108155[/snapback]
[/quote]

Talkback Thames credited the creation of The Price Is Right to themselves during the Game Show Marathon I doubt anyone at Fremantle US will have anything to say, they didnt for TPiR in Aussie.

[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 20 2006, 08:36 PM\']What's Joe Pasquale's background?  I almost confused him with Joe Dolce of "Shaddap You Face" fame, but came to my senses and remembered the right name.
[snapback]108155[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hes a stand up comic with a squeaky voice which hes famous for, he was a fan of the original so atleast its something right.

UK is really desperate for presenters with talent and experience right now and ITV Plc. seem to pick up anyone with ounce of fame to have a go.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 05:09:25 PM by remlap »

Brig Bother

TPiR...
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 06:51:29 PM »
Joe Pasquale has also won I'm a Celeb 4 in 2004.

remlap

TPiR...
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 07:26:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Jan 21 2006, 12:51 AM\']Joe Pasquale has also won I'm a Celeb 4 in 2004.
[snapback]108184[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah and Pasquale signed a £1million deal with ITV after winning I'm a Celebrity...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 07:26:39 PM by remlap »

bhvictory

TPiR...
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 06:44:07 AM »
(Massive overquoting deleted. -DZ)

For more info on Joe here is his official website.

http://joepasquale.com/index2.html
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 08:43:25 AM by dzinkin »