Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daytime Television  (Read 5315 times)

uncamark

Daytime Television
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 03:25:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 1 2005, 08:33 AM\'][quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Dec 1 2005, 08:48 AM\']
That is precisely what I believe has been saving its butt for many a blue moon. I know people who watch that the show because, in their words, "it's always been on".
Hmmm....well maybe "Price is Right" will enjoy the same status whenever Barker decides to step down - because it's "always been on"  :)
[snapback]103626[/snapback]
[/quote]
That'd be nice, but Bob is THE central cast member on TPiR. GL has dozens of characters sharing the spotlight all over the place. Even the almighty Bauers seem to have drifted into the scenery over time and the show still staggers on.
[snapback]103631[/snapback]
[/quote]

And Charita Bauer--who started playing Bertie Bauer on *radio*--went to her reward a few years ago, yet "GL" soldiered on.

aaron sica

Daytime Television
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2005, 04:27:20 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 1 2005, 03:25 PM\']And Charita Bauer--who started playing Bertie Bauer on *radio*--went to her reward a few years ago, yet "GL" soldiered on.
[snapback]103646[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, IIRC, it was more than a *few* years ago - 1985, I believe. My mother was a diehard CBS soap watcher and I remember it being a big deal at the time.