Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two For The Money  (Read 12211 times)

Jimmy Owen

Two For The Money
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2005, 01:13:44 AM »
Rent "My Fair Lady."  Once you see it, the songs will stay with you forever.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

Two For The Money
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2005, 01:25:26 AM »
Those questions were fefinitely dated, then again it was 50 years ago, so it might be a little more knowledgable.

Would love to see this show redone, maybe on cable. Simple, fun show. A host with a lot of wit and charm could make this work. Start the first question at $50 a pop, then round two, then round three. Give the team a time limit, say :30, and just end the round early if the team gets a set number of answers.

Maybe even add a small bonus round, like Cosby's You Bet Your Life did.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

uncamark

Two For The Money
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2005, 12:45:11 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 2 2005, 12:25 AM\']Would love to see this show redone, maybe on cable. Simple, fun show. A host with a lot of wit and charm could make this work. Start the first question at $50 a pop, then round two, then round three. Give the team a time limit, say :30, and just end the round early if the team gets a set number of answers.

Maybe even add a small bonus round, like Cosby's You Bet Your Life did.
[snapback]103708[/snapback]
[/quote]

My view is that you keep the front game the same--with the same payoffs--and the biggest-winning couple plays an end game for 10 times their front game score.  Give the question and a target number for the 15 seconds--and they meet the number of answers in the target number, they win.  As simple as that--and in many cases, they'd be playing for a five-figure payout.  Find a host who's quick on the uptake--and an audience that would be patient for a longer-than-normal interview--and it could work.

It wouldn't hurt that if the equivalent to Dr. Gross be an attractive, well-spoken and charming female college professor--I'm sure that there are some out there, especially in California.  I don't mean a Maxim hot babe, but someone smart and good-looking.

Don Howard

Two For The Money
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2005, 11:49:41 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 2 2005, 12:45 PM\']I don't mean a Maxim hot babe
[snapback]103732[/snapback]
[/quote]
True. She could be from FHM or Stuff.
Ted Koppel could host. He's free these days.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 11:50:16 PM by Don Howard »

FOXSportsFan

Two For The Money
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2005, 12:54:11 AM »
Don, come on...this is Invision, my pal.  If you're gonna have a host, you must go with this forum's favorite sportscaster turned entertainment whore, the notorious P.O.B. himself, Pat O' Brien! (Tries not to bust out laughing hysterically out of sarcasm.)

Don Howard

Two For The Money
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2005, 01:04:08 AM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Dec 3 2005, 12:54 AM\']you must go with this forum's favorite sportscaster turned entertainment whore, the notorious P.O.B. himself, Pat O' Brien!
[snapback]103770[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'd love to go with him, but ever since I put his photo on my ceiling in the bedroom, the fiancee has gotten jealous. Oh, why must John Davidson pose for those things but never Pat---my Pat?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 01:04:33 AM by Don Howard »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Two For The Money
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2005, 03:43:58 AM »
Ya know, I *was* hungry.  Who wants some Pull Pork?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Two For The Money
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2005, 06:19:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Dec 3 2005, 12:43 AM\']Who wants some Pull Pork?
[snapback]103777[/snapback]
[/quote]
What you do with your pork on your own time is your business. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe