Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Found shows  (Read 6713 times)

The Pyramids

Found shows
« on: December 04, 2005, 04:08:02 PM »
Instead of dwelling on the usual list of lost shows, what shows do you think were fortunate to have survived to be played on GSN for the last 11 years?

I'm glad there is so much 'What's My Line' available.  Also its good that all of ABC 'Feud' is intact considering how G/T ABC shows 'Password' and 'Showoffs' from a few years earlier are gone. Its also good have all versions of 'Match Game' - CBS, PM and daily syndicated -  are intact and on GSN.

saussage

Found shows
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 05:06:43 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Dec 4 2005, 04:08 PM\']Instead of dwelling on the usual list of lost shows, what shows do you think were fortunate to have survived to be played on GSN for the last 11 years?

I'm glad there is so much 'What's My Line' available.  Also its good that all of ABC 'Feud' is intact considering how G/T ABC shows 'Password' and 'Showoffs' from a few years earlier are gone. Its also good have all versions of 'Match Game' - CBS, PM and daily syndicated -  are intact and on GSN.
[snapback]103836[/snapback]
[/quote]
Gotta love FF and MG. I don't know if the library was an issue or not but it was nice to see LMAD on GSN for a while. I almost forgot the lost eps of TJW... uncovered. What a treat seeing those (maybe it was only me liking them because the ratings weren't good enough to keep TJW on GSN). I know that the ratings didn't do good as well but it was nice to see that the original Hollywood Squares and knowing that its library is mostly if not all intact. Any hopes of getting more eps of Art Flemming's Jeopardy.... doesn't look good. What we saw on Y2Play was a rarity indeed from the looks of it.

There are some gems lost forever and yet we have the $1.98 Beauty show.... sheesh :)
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

Ian Wallis

Found shows
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 08:52:54 AM »
I think we were lucky that GSN aired a lot more of their library in the first few years, which allowed us to see some of the shorter-run series and other rare treats they have rights to.  I'm grateful that they did that.  However, I still find it frustrating that they can't find even one spot on their current schedule as "From the Vault", or something to that effect.  But I guess we've been down that road before...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

MrBuddwing

Found shows
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 01:24:24 AM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Dec 4 2005, 04:08 PM\']Its also good have all versions of 'Match Game' - CBS, PM and daily syndicated -  are intact and on GSN.
[/quote]

Ahem! As someone old enough to remember the original Match Game on NBC, I mourn the loss of practically all the episodes - only a handful are known to have survived, and even fewer on videotape.

Gamer

Found shows
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 10:23:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Dec 5 2005, 08:52 AM\']I think we were lucky that GSN aired a lot more of their library in the first few years, which allowed us to see some of the shorter-run series and other rare treats they have rights to.  I'm grateful that they did that.  However, I still find it frustrating that they can't find even one spot on their current schedule as "From the Vault", or something to that effect.  But I guess we've been down that road before...
[snapback]103880[/snapback]
[/quote]

I wish I had gsn back then.  It seemed a lot better in it's first few years.

Don Howard

Found shows
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 12:10:04 AM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Dec 4 2005, 04:08 PM\']Instead of dwelling on the usual list of lost shows, what shows do you think were fortunate to have survived to be played on GSN for the last 11 years?
[/quote]
I'll join the Match Game' 7x bandwagon and add Beat The Clock and Break The Bank.

Ian Wallis

Found shows
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 08:54:04 AM »
I'll join the Match Game' 7x bandwagon and add Beat The Clock and Break The Bank.

At least they've aired pretty well everything from Match Game and Beat the Clock that they have - several times over.  They only ever aired about a third of Break the Bank - and have never gone back to it  :(
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
Found shows
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 10:08:21 AM »
I have to agree with saussage-----the CBS TJW's were nice to see, even if only for a short while.

Although I thought it was quite the treat to wake up in the middle of the night, turn GSN on, and see "Number Please"----I guess I could also say most of the B&W shows.

And I'm surprised no one's mentioned Marshall Squares yet.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 10:09:14 AM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

aaron sica

Found shows
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 10:23:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Dec 8 2005, 10:08 AM\']And I'm surprised no one's mentioned Marshall Squares yet.
[snapback]104183[/snapback]
[/quote]

At the risk of sounding like someone who's never satisfied, I really wanted to see some of the Vegas squares episodes......The one thing that sticks out about those episodes to me is the scoring display....No more numerical, just X's and O's on the scoring display...

The Ol' Guy

Found shows
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 10:26:39 AM »
One thing I've been curious about - there are a number of onesies-twosies floating around out there in the public domain realm - the stuff you get on The Golden Age of Television and low-budget videos. Would it be worth the time and effort to obtain some of these floaters like Murray's Dollar A Second, Al Capp's "Anyone Can Win" , Johnny's "Who Do You Trust?" and the like, clean 'em a bit, and run them as, say, a summer weekend special for those who haven't seen the shows? Would there still be rights issues? I would hope something like that would appeal to more than just the die-hards.

Jimmy Owen

Found shows
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 11:38:35 AM »
I purchased a DVD with one episode of "Dollar a Second" at a Kroger store for a dollar.  Since there were three other shows on the disc, the cost for my "Dollar a Second" episode was 25 cents.  Since those public domain items are commonly available, I'd rather see the aformentioned "Break the Bank" or "Now You See It" on a regular basis on GSN.  Either that or niche market some DVDs, if they don't want to air something that is not "mass appeal."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 11:39:47 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

Found shows
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 04:20:02 PM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Dec 8 2005, 09:26 AM\']One thing I've been curious about - there are a number of onesies-twosies floating around out there in the public domain realm - the stuff you get on The Golden Age of Television and low-budget videos. Would it be worth the time and effort to obtain some of these floaters like Murray's Dollar A Second, Al Capp's "Anyone Can Win" , Johnny's "Who Do You Trust?" and the like, clean 'em a bit, and run them as, say, a summer weekend special for those who haven't seen the shows? Would there still be rights issues? I would hope something like that would appeal to more than just the die-hards.
[snapback]104185[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sony might claim right of domain on "Dollar a Second," since they do own the format.  Don Fedderson Productions could do the same on "Who Do You Trust?"

Speaking of which, there was lots of hype a few years ago when S-S and Krofft Productions licensed "Trust?" from Fedderson for a possible revival.  Obviously, nothing became of that (and S-S isn't in business anymore), but anyone know what killed it off other than lack of interest from possible buyers?  Inability to find a good host?