Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fremantle games on mobile phones  (Read 3388 times)

dzinkin

Fremantle games on mobile phones
« on: December 03, 2005, 07:31:59 AM »
Too bad this deal doesn't include the USA... I'd like to see how Blockbusters and Sale of the Century work on cell phones.  Or are they already here and I just missed them?

Full (albeit short) story is here.

remlap

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 11:28:24 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Dec 3 2005, 01:31 PM\']Too bad this deal doesn't include the USA... I'd like to see how Blockbusters and Sale of the Century work on cell phones.  Or are they already here and I just missed them?

[snapback]103780[/snapback]
[/quote]

Intresting I wonder what gaming engine they will run on, it would be excuse for me to upgrade my Mobile.

Also ive got a feeling it wont be a one of purchase either more a monthly subscription :-/

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 05:20:47 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Dec 3 2005, 06:31 AM\']Too bad this deal doesn't include the USA... I'd like to see how Blockbusters and Sale of the Century work on cell phones.  Or are they already here and I just missed them?

[snapback]103780[/snapback]
[/quote]

And for those who don't know, "Strike It Lucky" is what the "Strike It Rich" 1986 format is now called in the UK (seems to me that a BBC drama series called "Strike It Rich" came out after a series or two of the game show and ITV had the name changed to avoid confusion).

Brig Bother

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 06:13:26 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 6 2005, 10:20 PM\']And for those who don't know, "Strike It Lucky" is what the "Strike It Rich" 1986 format is now called in the UK (seems to me that a BBC drama series called "Strike It Rich" came out after a series or two of the game show and ITV had the name changed to avoid confusion).
[snapback]104023[/snapback]
[/quote]

Nope. It was originally Strike It Lucky, then it was axed and then different people wanted to bring it back but the original people wouldn't let them use the name so they changed it to Strike It Rich when it returned several years later.

Or something like that, at any rate.

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 04:00:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Dec 6 2005, 05:13 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 6 2005, 10:20 PM\']And for those who don't know, "Strike It Lucky" is what the "Strike It Rich" 1986 format is now called in the UK (seems to me that a BBC drama series called "Strike It Rich" came out after a series or two of the game show and ITV had the name changed to avoid confusion).
[snapback]104023[/snapback]
[/quote]

Nope. It was originally Strike It Lucky, then it was axed and then different people wanted to bring it back but the original people wouldn't let them use the name so they changed it to Strike It Rich when it returned several years later.

Or something like that, at any rate.
[snapback]104035[/snapback]
[/quote]

I knew it was something weird like that.

And I assume that it *probably* (emphasis on "probably") didn't make "Ant and Dec's Game Show Marathon" because of the unpleasant baggage of Michael Barrymore (which I don't remember exactly, so it would be better for people just to Google him and see what it is).