Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 100 Most Unexpected TV Moments  (Read 8618 times)

BrandonFG

100 Most Unexpected TV Moments
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 12:06:18 PM »
I was finally able to catch one of the specials last nite, then read the whole list. I was actually impressed with a lot of the stuff they came up with. Although, some of the stuff in the lower 20 (81-100) struck me as odd, like Paul Lynde on DG. I understand the irony given his preference, but this was the late-60s, so wouldn't it still be kinda taboo for his orientation to be public?

Either way, pretty nice list, and most of the game show stuff should be enough for the fanb0is to make Bed Bath and Beyond a nice 4th quarter profit. :-P
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 01:01:19 PM »
First movie I ever saw in a theater was "Bye, Bye Birdie," in which Paul Lynde played Ann-Margret's dad.  If there was any surprise in 1968, it was that he wasn't a henpecked husband.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 03:55:05 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 8 2005, 11:06 AM\']I was finally able to catch one of the specials last nite, then read the whole list. I was actually impressed with a lot of the stuff they came up with. Although, some of the stuff in the lower 20 (81-100) struck me as odd, like Paul Lynde on DG. I understand the irony given his preference, but this was the late-60s, so wouldn't it still be kinda taboo for his orientation to be public?
[snapback]104200[/snapback]
[/quote]

If you were of a certain age back then, you knew what orientation Paul Lynde was.  You didn't say it, but unless you were really naive, you still knew.

Don Howard

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2005, 04:07:58 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Dec 7 2005, 10:42 PM\']That's it. No Herb Stempel blurting out "Marty" on Twenty-One (when he could've screwed everybody and said "On The Waterfront
[snapback]104143[/snapback]
[/quote]
Actually, had Herb said, "Marty", he'd have been correct. I wonder what would've happened to him. Now there's a chasm of speculation ready for the tapping....if it hasn't been covered elsewhere in another forum before my time.

uncamark

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2005, 04:30:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 8 2005, 03:07 PM\'][quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Dec 7 2005, 10:42 PM\']That's it. No Herb Stempel blurting out "Marty" on Twenty-One (when he could've screwed everybody and said "On The Waterfront
[snapback]104143[/snapback]
[/quote]
Actually, had Herb said, "Marty", he'd have been correct. I wonder what would've happened to him. Now there's a chasm of speculation ready for the tapping....if it hasn't been covered elsewhere in another forum before my time.
[snapback]104207[/snapback]
[/quote]

"In New York today, television producer Dan Enright was arrested and charged in the murder of quiz show contestant Herbert Stempel.  After last night's telecast of "Twenty-One" on NBC, Mr. Enright was seen backstage strangling Mr. Stempel..."