Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cash Cab  (Read 3271 times)

tvwxman

Cash Cab
« on: December 09, 2005, 06:55:01 PM »
My thought : Well done show...but why is this on Discovery Channel? This is the simple, inexpensively done show that GSN should be doing in daytime, if they really want to "expand" their original programming with game shows that don't look like game shows.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Cash Cab
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 08:11:24 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Dec 9 2005, 03:55 PM\']My thought : Well done show...but why is this on Discovery Channel? This is the simple, inexpensively done show that GSN should be doing in daytime, if they really want to "expand" their original programming with game shows that don't look like game shows.
[snapback]104319[/snapback]
[/quote]
I enjoyed the one ep I Tivoed, but it just isn't something I would seek out regularly. It's Millionaire and Oblivious, on wheels, and not very oblivious.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

LA the DJ

Cash Cab
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 09:49:12 PM »
But the roof lighting is pretty cool.

I like this show. Simple, but fun.

Sometimes simplicity is better than glitz and glamour.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

Steve McClellan

Cash Cab
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 09:59:12 PM »
Continuing the line of "it-ain't-bad" posts, definitely a non-repulsive way to spend a half hour or two. And since there's nothing good here opposite it, it looks like they've picked up a semi-regular viewer here.

And the street shout outs are working on expanding what little faith I have left in humanity after watching too much Street Smarts. :-p
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 10:00:23 PM by Steve McClellan »

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
Cash Cab
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 10:51:53 PM »
It's a simple, harmless little show. Sure, the format [and "lifelines"] are right out of Millionaire, but it's so darn addictive. And I'll bet any money that THAT'S how the Discovery Channel wants it.

Needless to say, it's my latest TV addiction. Whether it'll overtake "MythBusters" in that capacity, I don't know.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 10:53:44 PM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.