Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Annoying game show hosts  (Read 3515 times)

narzo

Annoying game show hosts
« on: December 10, 2005, 07:02:08 PM »
Website where people vote on wheter a certain game show host (using the term "host" in a very liberal sense) is annoying or not.  165 people listed and the most annoying (#165 scoring the most annoying spot) I wouldn't have guessed, George Gray.  The people that have voted thus far have put Todd Newton just 10 spots down at 155.  

The big one for debate, Richard Karn at #19.  144 hosts more annoying then him?  I don't know...

here's the website

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Annoying game show hosts
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 07:21:18 PM »
[quote name=\'narzo\' date=\'Dec 10 2005, 04:02 PM\']The big one for debate, Richard Karn at #19.  144 hosts more annoying then him?  I don't know...
[snapback]104396[/snapback]
[/quote]
But dig: Would you rather be annoying, or completely unmemorable? If I worked in the public eye, I'd rather land on that list in the 30's because people know about me and cared to vote than clock in at #174 or whatever because absolutely nobody even gives a damn.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

Annoying game show hosts
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 01:40:09 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 10 2005, 08:21 PM\'][quote name=\'narzo\' date=\'Dec 10 2005, 04:02 PM\']The big one for debate, Richard Karn at #19.  144 hosts more annoying then him?  I don't know...[/quote]
But dig: Would you rather be annoying, or completely unmemorable? If I worked in the public eye, I'd rather land on that list in the 30's because people know about me and cared to vote than clock in at #174 or whatever because absolutely nobody even gives a damn.[/quote]
Reminds me of those polls you used to hear about where Howard Cossell would be identified as the best sportscaster in television AND the worst sportscaster in television.  It all came down to simply being the best-known sportscaster in television.

The Am I Annoying list is...well...interesting is as good a word as any.  Of the 165 names, only about half could actually be considered game show hosts.  Plus some of the entries on the list are shows, which makes precious little sense. (For the record, Hollywood Squares is slightly less annoying than Peter Marshall, but Groucho Marx and Ben Stein are each MUCH less annoying than their respective game shows.)  I don't see how ANY of it could be considered a "big one for debate", it's all just too silly for that.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

The Ol' Guy

Annoying game show hosts
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 02:28:41 PM »
What??? No Chris Wylde????

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Annoying game show hosts
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 02:44:26 PM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Dec 11 2005, 11:28 AM\']What??? No Chris Wylde????
[snapback]104445[/snapback]
[/quote]
I refer to my previous comment.

(On a related note, I've been seeing ads for a DVD music game called Riff, which looks like it might be fun (at least the subject matter is right up my alley), were it not for the fact that it looks like your "host" is the aforementioned Chris Wylde.)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 02:45:44 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe