Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel in Ft Lauderdale  (Read 3286 times)

tvwxman

Wheel in Ft Lauderdale
« on: December 06, 2005, 12:45:34 PM »
just watched a live report on WPLG with Todd Tongen (I love the internet)....where they showed a few clips of taping, which was going on in the background while he was live...

The backdrops for the set? Bleachers filled with about 200 additional audience members.

(Yes, I realize this is the same minutia that other kids post on this board, but I have to say, it did look cool. AND, I wonder if Harry and the gang are looking at something like this for a future set change in LA.)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

vtown7

Wheel in Ft Lauderdale
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 12:51:40 PM »
Excellent! Now we'll do it in the round, just like Millionaire! And the audience will spin with the wheel! Who needs the video when virtual reality is there!

Ryan :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 12:52:06 PM by vtown7 »

BrandonFG

Wheel in Ft Lauderdale
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 12:52:00 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Dec 6 2005, 12:45 PM\']just watched a live report on WPLG with Todd Tongen (I love the internet)....where they showed a few clips of taping, which was going on in the background while he was live...

The backdrops for the set? Bleachers filled with about 200 additional audience members.

(Yes, I realize this is the same minutia that other kids post on this board, but I have to say, it did look cool. AND, I wonder if Harry and the gang are looking at something like this for a future set change in LA.)
[/quote]
Don't know if this adds much of anything, but didn't one of the NFL weeks have a similar setup? I wanna say it was a small set of bleachers center stage, on both sides of that video wall. Granted that set was made to resemble a football stadium, and I'm sure it was nowhere near 200 additional people...
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

tvwxman

Wheel in Ft Lauderdale
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 01:24:29 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 6 2005, 12:52 PM\']
Don't know if this adds much of anything, but didn't one of the NFL weeks have a similar setup? I wanna say it was a small set of bleachers center stage, on both sides of that video wall. Granted that set was made to resemble a football stadium, and I'm sure it was nowhere near 200 additional people...
[snapback]103973[/snapback]
[/quote]
Don't know. I don't watch the show with as much dedication as i do Jeopardy before it....

And, I'll addend the original number ....maybe it was 100-200? Bottom line, it was A LOT....

And i know it was a joke above, but I think an 'in the round' set would work perfectly for Wheel...
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

JTFriends1

Wheel in Ft Lauderdale
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 12:18:32 AM »
I just got back from Ft. Lauderdale and I can tell you this was not the norm.  Perhaps it was just a gimmick for NFL Player's Week (ala crowd bleachers).  Regular set for the Fri, Sat, Sun shows.